GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the fence weather or not I needed a backrest, after a 225 mile ride this weekend the decision was made -- Yes !. Went to Utopia website and their build/ship date is 18 July ! I have a 4 day trip planned on 6 july and need one now. I have seen some good reports on this forum about Cyclemax, lucky for me they have one in stock. If someone has a bad experience with Cyclemax, let me know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have been on the fence weather or not I needed a backrest, after a 225 mile ride this weekend the decision was made -- Yes !. Went to Utopia website and their build/ship date is 18 July ! I have a 4 day trip planned on 6 july and need one now. I have seen some good reports on this forum about Cyclemax, lucky for me they have one in stock. If someone has a bad experience with Cyclemax, let me know.

I dont know about cyclemax but I had good luck with wingstuff

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
When I traded in my 2005 I told the salesman that I wanted to keep my Windbender and Utopia backrest. He agreed. I did leave the bracket that passes through the seat so that there would not be an ugly hole left behind.

I contacted Utopia about getting a new bracket and was told that they would not sell me the parts I needed.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Cyclemaxohio is located just south of Cleveland in Valley City Ohio. Been there several times. Very good folks to deal with.

You shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Nothing but great experiences with Cyclemax. If its on their website its in stock. My last order for a trunk rack was at 10:30 am Ohio time on a Monday and it showed up Tuesday afternoon in Chicago. That was the fastest ever for regular shipping. Normally I get my stuff from them in 2-3 days. And if you have any questions theyll gladly take the time to answer them.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Cyclemax has it in stock with free shipping and no handling charge. If youre in a hurry HDL is a crapshoot on how long until it ships and you get it along with their so called free shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts