GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Planning a trip for September up to Canada, but need some insight on the best route to get from the Wyoming-Colorado border at Hwy. 230 to Centennial on Hwy. 130.

The original plan was to head up 230 and skirt Laramie on the west, then take 130 west to Centennial.

Basecamp, however, has come up with another route that looks even more interesting: We head up 230 from the border, then head north where 230 intersects with Hwy. 10. This road is called "Fox Creek Road" and I can't tell if it is paved or not. At the point where Fox Creek Road intersects Hyw. 11, we head north on 11 to Dinwiddie Road, turn left and take Dinwiddie northwest to CR 216, the north to Hwy. 130, then west to Centennial.

Can anyone tell me if this Basecamp option is any better or worse than our original route plan? Also, any recommendation for places to stay in or around Centennial?

Many thanks,

Jim O'Dowd
:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Jim, Fox Creek Road and 11 do not appear to be paved. Dinwoodie(416) is gravel according to Google.

CR216, I can't find it on Google:shrug:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jim,
I see your headed out west & Canada, when? I'll be in Yellowstone, Cody and Salmon Idaho area July 3-17. Have a great trip!
Lonnie
I'm the guy (& 2 buddies) you had breakfast at the Loveless Cafe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts