GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheels on my Aspen Classic are so cambered it wears the tires out on the inside tread. I thought this was the way it was supposed to be but now I'm wondering....... Is there any adjustment for this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
is it a solid axle? if so the losen up the u bolts and rotate the axle forward or aback until the tires sit straighter or the wear is more even

·
Registered
507 Posts
If it is a torsion arm suspension, you can use shims (washers) under the two inside or the two outside bolts that hold each torsion axle to the frame to get the wheel perpenduclar to the ground. The shims go between the torsion plate and the frame mounting pad. If the inside of the wheel is wearing faster (tire is leaning inward), the shims go under the two outside bolts. Opposite for outside wear.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Toe out will cause this too, wouldn't it? Not just camber

·
Registered
507 Posts
Toe out will cause this too, wouldn't it? Not just camber
Both will cause it. Toe-in can be checked with a straight edge across the wheel on the trailer ( 3 & 9 o'slock) and measure the distance of the rim front and back to the frame. Should be the same. camber can be checked with a level from top to bottom of the wheel mounted on the trailer ( 6 & 12 o'clock) on level ground. Should be level. If it is a solid axle, the problem most likely is toe-in. If a torsion suspension, it could be either one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Call Aspen and see what they have to say..........There customer service has always been good for me.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts