GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An individual on ebay has some items for sale on the Gold Wing page. Some of the stuff you wouldn't want to install on your bike and I told him so in an e-mail. I received a very unprofessional reply from him. I will be glad to send the name of the vendor to anyone if they will e-mail me.

G

·
0 Posts
there was an item on Ebay once that I was interested in but the shipping fee was quit high, I enquired about it with the seller and he went off on me :shock: some people !

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had a similar experience a while back. A person was advertising an item that I knew would not work with a GL1800 like he advertised that it would. I sent him an email advising him of this fact under the assumption that he was not aware that he was mis-representing his item. A day later he sent me a very nasty reply telling me to mind my own mo**** *****ng business. I was glad to see that he did not get even one bid on the item.

·
Registered
263 Posts
BUYER BEWARE. USE PAYPAL. I have a black mark on me that says I don't pay. Some guy was selling a loran unit (navagation for boats)He said it worked . Needed an antenea. After some research I found it must have the exact antenea or it will be off a few nano seconds and that can be a 100 miles or more. So I bailed. I send him 10 dollars to cover his ebay expense and he gave me a bad mark.

ebay pretty good but you have to watch out what you do. Don't get cause up in the moment.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well just don't leave me hanging here guys ! Spill the beans as they say !

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see now the seller has removed this item from ebay and he has no other listings, that's a plus!!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have been a ebay buyer and seller for almost seven years. aprox 6000 transactions total.

heres the best advice i can give you about ebay.

know what your buying-----do the research first

use pay pal----it makes sure you get something, it may not be what you figured, but if nothing shows up, paypal will refund the payment within 30 days of the payment

check to see about the sellers feedback--however a good record is not always a true example of how one does business==many folks are too scared to leave a true feedback comment--they are afraid of the retaliation negative

i have found many a good deal on ebay so far, have also seen many a poor ones go by also

loren

G

·
0 Posts
I have heard too many bad stories from ebay. I'm glad some of y'all enjoy it, but there's no way I'm buying something site unseen from somebody I've never heard of. Too many folks out there trying to make a quick buck that have absolutely no scruples at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts