GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been a bunch of talk about the netbooks lately and I am about to take the plunge -- but before I do that --- a question please.

Since the netbooks for the most part run Windows XP Home Edition and like any Microsoft product, there are automatic updates from time-to-time, have any of you applied Windows XP Service Pack 3 --- and if so has the performance of your machines been altered?

I have a friend who applied S.P. 3 and the performance of several machines at his place of business has been disrupted. :eek:4:

Many thanks -

·
Registered
275 Posts
Since the netbooks for the most part run Windows XP Home Edition and like any Microsoft product, there are automatic updates from time-to-time, have any of you applied Windows XP Service Pack 3 --- and if so has the performance of your machines been altered?

Many thanks -
Nope no SP3 on my laptop!!!!!! SP 3 crashed my laptop 3 times so severely it required a complete reinstall of XP each time.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I downloaded it on both my laptop and desktop with no problems I have seen. I just got the Acer Aspire one a couple of weeks ago and have not noticed it has updated anything yet, but I don't use it much. I got it mainly for trips on the bike.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
The AspireOne from Acer that I bought last week came with SP3 already installed.

I did find the Internet Explorer ran really slow, (Too much of a memory hog), switched to Firefox and all is well!

·
Registered
230 Posts
The AspireOne from Acer that I bought last week came with SP3 already installed.

I did find the Internet Explorer ran really slow, (Too much of a memory hog), switched to Firefox and all is well!

Same here. My MSI Wind came with sp3 installed on it and I have not had any issues thus far. I also installed Firefox though, as I noticed some slow running issues with IE. Other than that, I am really enjoying the portability of this little sucker. I used it the other day to download a repair procedure for a truck I was working on. It allowed me to take it to the vehicle to do the work, saving me a ton of time. Worth the price of admission right there if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I put SP3 on all of my machines, and the Acer 1 came with it installed, and have no problems at all. It is an update, and if the machine is goofy with it just remove it in Control Panel. after installing it I also turned off the Automatic Updates, and check now and then and do updates manually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts