GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice/experience wanted: I’m looking at adding a neutrino to my 2018 Goldwing. I want something that eliminates heated gear controllers and also eliminates physical switches for my aux lights and Flir night vision system. It looks like the neutrino is a very cool system capable of all of that with my phone controlling everything.

I know that the neutrino has been out for awhile now. I know it was brought up in past old threads around 2015/2016 (when the neutrino was a newer product) that people were worried that it could fail and take out all your systems (aux lights, heated gear, gps’s, Flir, ect) during a long distance rally/Iron Butt cert ride...that would definitely be a big concern of mine too. I likely would buy the cheaper neutrino element version (although the brake light flashed of the aurora version is pretty cool).

So my questions are:
1) Now that the neutrino has been out for awhile how have they held up and how has their reliability been?
2) Who here has tried them and what has your thoughts/experiences been?
3)Has the system ever had a problem for you?
4)Would you still recommend them to someone building their aux power system from scratch?

Thanks for any help and experience you all can provide!

https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No experience with it, but if you’re going to control everything from your phone, you might want to “jailbreak” your iPhone and install the CarBridge tweak that lets you run any app with CarPlay. Sure would be nice to control the Neutrino from the bikes dash screen.

Read about it here.
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2018/07/how-to-use-any-iphone-app-apple-carplay.html
That would be pretty cool! I likely will be mounting my phone to my handlebars to be able to use more features and easier use on some things than CarPlay allows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts