GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened. Wet mud will do it. Now I need a place to find all the parts prices I need to get her fixed. I want to see how badly the "stealer" is going to screw me.
Where can I find a parts list??????:bow:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're OK, and the bike damage isn't to serious. :frown:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I did a little mud in SE Utah a few years back (road construction with no roadbed) -- guess I was lucky in that the mud was so deep that with the bike laying on its side in the Utah red clay there was no damage (other than to my pride). Ugly sight with the bike on its side in the mud and me laying next to it flat on my back -- still connected to the radio, etc. Even the T-bad stayed on the rear seat. My riding buddy buried his Wing up to the axles and went sideways, but did not go down. After he knew that I was okay he seemed to think that I was pretty funny in the mud. I used my full year allocation of a very bad word!!!!! Half hour down the road washed the bike off and it was fine -- my buddy then used the high-pressure to hose me down also. Thankfully no photos of any of this!!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Glad your okay! Bikes can be fixed or replaced. Ride Safer!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Really sorry to hear that hope all is well with you the bike can get fixed , yep use the insurance thats what it's for.
South Dakota for me about 30 years ago Harley Superglide on the way to yellowstone, I saw a sign that said no gas for 90 miles turned around and filled up ask the guy about the road ahead said hey it looks like rain he said that a the desert out there never hardly rains, but found out at 60 mph the road was scraped away and nothing but mud that had just got rained on dropped the bike, the only way to move was push down with my feet pulling up on the bars and slipping the clutch slowly.
after dropping the bike about the sixth time I just could not pick it up anymore, this wounderful gentlemen that was a greyhound bus driver stopped got out in his really nice shiny shoes waded in mud about 8 inches deep to help me get it up one more time, what an angel he was, that was enough to get me to the end of no blacktop and on to a nice guy letting me use his hose behind a gas station for hours to get all the mud off, man I know what ya mean it sucks.:22yikes:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Remember you are here because a dealer spends his money to sponser this board.If you have a stealer[?] you could try a different brand.

·
Registered
326 Posts
not really "down", more of a mud induced "lean angle sensor test" (#6) in the yard last sunday. we had a thaw. small wet spot just in the path to the hut. i stopped for some reason, went to go in, gave a little gas and BOOM! well more like "splurt". :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts