GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's remember to keep our military personnell in our thoughts and prayers not only this Christmas but always. We are thankful to have our son home from Iraq for the holidays.

In honor of our fallen heroes:

http://www.pcsuccess.us/yrg/farewellmarine_final.swf

And to keep this motorcycle related, my son rides a Goldwing when he isn't flying Cobras.
Semper Fi.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My son is a Marine, so it holds special meaning to watch that presentation in the link.

Our son will be home for the holidays before he deploys to Iraq. It's going to be a special Christmas.

From my family, please thank him for his service to our country.

I'll be keeping all our service people, both past and present, in my prayers.
Thanks for all you do and have done.

Dep

·
Registered
918 Posts
As a Marine in aviation during the Vietnam war my best friend at the time took my place flying in to Ke Sahn, as I had a job change, and ended up getting burned very badly, eventually succumbing to the burns.

I know what it is like to lose a close friend, a fellow Marine. You often wonder why you lived and another died.

That is a great video, I downloaded it and will save it with my other Marine stuff.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Marine

Thank you for sharing. OoooooooohRAH!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

After watching it, I thought about the PGR missions I've ridden, the pain of the families and communities, the reverence shown by the honor guards and the tears we shed. Riding, holding a flag and showing respect some how doesn't seem like enough. But it's what I do.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
heart touching

I have two sons, both served, oldest one did 5 years in the Navy, youngest did 4 years as a Marine. The differnece in the brotherhood the two units share is amazing. My Navy son really never got very close to any buddies, maybe one or two, but the Marine son has a whole family. I have had the opportunity to meet some of his fellow Marines and I am 100 percent convinced that the tightness of the Marines is such that I feel that any fellow Marine could put out a signal for help anywhere and there would be a mutitude of brother Marines at his side in an instant. They have got to be the most tight knot group of fighting men I have ever seen. Please, don't get me wrong, I respect every person in the military, regardless of branch, but just from what I have witnessed, the Marines have got to be the tightest. Just a byline, the oldest son was in the Navy as I said for 5 years and never set foot on a ship (Naval Intel Sailor) while his brother served 4 years as a Marine, spent 7 months on the USS Enterprise in the middle east then volunteered for a 6 month hitch on land in Iraq. I am very proud of both my sones and equally proud of ALL the sons and daughters that do what they do, stand in harms way for our freedom. God Bless Them All and I wish them all a safe return. Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
They are in my prayers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts