GL1800Riders Forums banner

never have to read another post because

4K views 52 replies 47 participants last post by  bgross 
#1 ·
EVERYTHING has already been written..
;-)

for example..

HOW MANY WINGERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

See less See more
#2 ·
Ya wingwing,

And your point IS?? :popcorn:
thecruiser

#15 ·
Dennis I think you fit the proverbial lite bulb in the proverbial socket very well. Couldn't have done it better myself. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

#16 ·
That's about right except that's the number of posts about those things. The posts are all done by the same 12 members.

:joke:

#18 ·
Only one thing you forgot, and that was someone to say that it was the changers fault that the bulb went out in the first place and that it could have been prevented if had been paying attention, etc.,etc.

#20 ·
this is the BEST description of this forum EVER. Absolutely spot on observations in every respect, worthy of a George Carlin recognition award! I cackled thru the entire read!

If fact, has to be in the top 5 best posts I've seen in any forum. For entertainment value it ranks right up there with a thread a couple of years ago on the Adventure Riders forum titled "Alaska Tittie Bar Tour 2008" (nearly 350,000 views).

edit:
...to point out that this list is an ancient internet joke that was funny in 2000.

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/hum1/change_light_bulb_internet.htm
OK, well I have to admit I'm disillusioned with this obvious plagiarism as I originally gave full credit to wingwing for his outstandingly cleaver observations. Still funny as hell though.

#21 ·
One of the most informative and insightful postings in a long while. The only thing lacking is the description of which light bulb was being replaced. I enjoyed the post and remembering all the times that this description was dead on true.

#26 ·
redundency

:biggrin:
You forgot:

17 to post that a Traxxion suspension renovation will cure all light bulb problems

and most importantly, 1 to point out that this list is an ancient internet joke that was funny in 2000.

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/hum1/change_light_bulb_internet.htm
I missed the 2000 version. The 01'02'03'04'05'06'07'08'09' and 2010 version too.
I have to agree that the traxxion is mentioned a lot! Almost as much as dyna beads..:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.