GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have NEVER EVER logged in on the first try! I go slow, I 1 finger type in, I make no mistakes but it has NEVER worked on the first try.... what gives?

this is the only forum, web page or whatever that this happens with. Operator error is nothing new to me, but this is over the top crazy! (still love the forum thou).

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I have NEVER EVER logged in on the first try! I go slow, I 1 finger type in, I make no mistakes but it has NEVER worked on the first try.... what gives?
this is the only forum, web page or whatever that this happens with. Operator error is nothing new to me, but this is over the top crazy! (still love the forum thou).
ditto that.. i have the same problem.. it's not you.

So, to save time.. I just put one letter in the name box and one letter in the password box..
.. then it fails (of course) but that gets to my second attempt more quickly..
.. then it works as expected.
:shrug:

Dennis

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but you're not paranoid. :twisted: This has been a problem on the board for years, don't know if it will ever change. The way I work around it is when I come to the board, I select some other screen such as "What's New?". Once that page opens, then I log in. Or you can hit the login button without entering your username/password, and then enter the info on the next page.

Forum safely. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Works ok for me except I get a forum invalid url but clicking on forums or new posts works straight away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
doh.. now I feel like a dummy..
.. (just) hit the login button..
that's even better then my putting one char in each box..
.. I will mend my foolish ways...
;-)

thanks,
Dennis

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
I agree. I have been logged in so long, I didn't now they had a logout button. Just leave when you are done. When you come back, there you are! (Sorta sounds like Yogi!)
The board will still log you out if it remains idle long enough. It use to be 15 mins but I see that has been extended some what. Since you have it set to remember you, it just resend your logon credentials every time as they are cached.

·
Administrator
1,801 Posts
Well, now I don't feel like a total dumb a$$, about this anyway!
You are not. :(

It is a known issue with the site, has to do with the VB version and a plug in, but to fix it would break something else.

That being said, I think we need to revisit this. Can some one who has the issue (I don't get it) please take a screen shot of the screen when you enter in your log in information the fist time, I want to see something.

HB

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
:(
That being said, I think we need to revisit this. Can some one who has the issue (I don't get it) please take a screen shot of the screen when you enter in your log in information the fist time, I want to see something. HB
This screenshot from my nexus kitkat tablet..
.. also fails from my jelly bean android phone and windows 7 PC (chrome browser)
invalid.jpg

Dennis

·
Administrator
1,801 Posts
I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end. I am using a Windows 7 computer on FF 26. Try selecting remember me when you log in next time. It will save your username and password and hopefully prevent this issue from reoccurring for you. :thumbup:

- dm, community support

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end. I am using a Windows 7 computer on FF 26. Try selecting remember me when you log in next time. It will save your username and password and hopefully prevent this issue from reoccurring for you. :thumbup:

- dm, community support
.. "remember me" not an option for me..
... I access the site from three different devices (see above) and for security purposes I do not retain history or passwords on the portable devices in case I lose them.

Thanks for checking..
Dennis

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

- dm, community support
.. "remember me" not an option for me..
... I access the site from three different devices (see above) and for security purposes I do not retain history or passwords on the portable devices in case I lose them.

Thanks for checking..
Dennis
Yep to Dennis's comments. Multiple machines, and all are set to clear cache and cookies when closing the browser. It's a good idea to always delete browser history and whatnot when finished with a session, also prevents using a cache page instead of the current page on a website. Downside is you have to re-enter passwords. To me the security is worth the hassle.

·
Administrator
1,801 Posts
Just to get this clear, are you signing in from the home page (www.gl1800riders.com) when you get this error message?

Do you get the same error when you log in from the Forum page (Clicking 'Forum' on the tool bar above and then log in from that page)?

regards,

MD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts