GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past 5 years I have owned 2 GL1800's and ridden about 100K miles. Included in those miles are several amazing adventures including Alaska, The West Coast, Colorado and the rest of the Wild West, Texas, Florida and everywhere that is warm, and much more.

Last spring I sold my '03 ABS while I was transitioning between careers and moving from Atlanta to Indianapolis. Although I knew at the time that I was really going to miss it, I really had no idea how much. Despite the fact that the land is flat here, and that it is really cold right now, I am ready to jump back in. I bought and sold my last Wing to someone from this board, so I know this works. If any of you can help by sending me any leads, I will tell you what I am looking for:

2001-2006 ABS
Black, CBC, Deep Red, the 2005 Silver, or any of the Blues

I ride a lot so I am more interested in accessories that add to the comfort or the riding experience, rather than the appearance. If I can't find a good used one this winter, I will buy a new one in the Spring.

Thanks in advance for any input if you have. I will also be looking for good dealer in the Central Indiana area, so would welcome any input on that as well.

Rob
[email protected]
317-517-1789

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Rob - I can only imagine how much you miss your GL1800. I know that I would be a very sad person without my Wing being available to go riding on any given whim. Hope you find something that fits right up your alley with what you want. I know they are out there and available since not every owner uses their Wing as much or as often as you might expect. I read about so many Wings that are several years old and have essentially no mileage on them at all.

Good luck,

DaleC

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
several on the classified board....

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Rob,

Welcome back. We all knew you would return to your senses. The sad thing is that your not just outside of the N GA mountains anymore. But Indiana's not that far so you can get back down here.

Good luck finding one.

Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the Mend?

Dan,
Great to hear from you. How are you doing on the recovery process and what are you doing for a living? I have been buried with the new job and have not been keeping up. Hope you are back to 100% soon.
Rob

·
Registered
999 Posts
CENTRAL INDIANA DEALER TO BUY GOLDWING

THOMPSON'S HONDA, TERRE HAUTE, INDIANA. 70 MILES WEST OF INDY. CALL SCOTT WESTFALL @ 813 232 1111. SELLS TO GWRRA MEMBERS @ $150 OVER INVOICE.

15% OFF ACCESSORIES AND $5 AN HOUR OFF OF LABOR TO GWRRA MEMBERS

EXPERICENCED MECHANIC ( KEVIN POWELL) TO HANDLE ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT COME UP.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: On the Mend?

impactceo said:
Dan,
Great to hear from you. How are you doing on the recovery process and what are you doing for a living? I have been buried with the new job and have not been keeping up. Hope you are back to 100% soon.
Rob
It's been 4 months. I'm now walking with a limp and still on painkillers, but it's a lot better than laying around. :lol: I'll probably try to resurrect my business since no one would hire me for much else. I think I can make it work...God willing.

Bike's totaled but still not settled. I've decided to run the claim through my insurance company since they'll do better. No wing in the near future though. Can't wait til I can get one again.

PM or email me and let me know what you're doing now.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
There is a good Wing dealer just about 60 miles north of Indy. It is Max Pitts. They are located right on Hwy 31 at Peru, In.

www.maxpitts.com

Go to there website and then call the number. Ask for Aaron Pitts. He is a good man to deal with. Be sure and tell him that Ross from Logansport put you on to him.

I was over there just before Christmas and they had 5-7 used units. I cannot tell you anything more than that about them. They also have 8-10 new units on the showroom floor. All the colors are represented there.

If you get hold of Aaron and head this way shoot me a PM and maybe I can come over and meet you. Ther is a nice restaurant just down the road and the coffee will be on me.

Good luck on finding what you want. There will be one out there...

Ross

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Rob,

Best of luck and glad you are looking for ABS. I would hate to be without mine.

Tom

·
Registered
212 Posts
Rob,
Welcome to central Indiana. Sorry bout you selling your Wing!!! There are tons of great rides in this area and especially South of Indianapolis! Southern Indiana is full of great riding country! I've got to say a resounding "Ditto" to what Ross said about Max Pitts in Peru (Up by Kokomo), Great people! I bought my Wing there. Also Dreyer on Washington Street and Dreyer South which is about 15 minutes South of Indy. If you need anything South of you, let me know. I'm about 20 min South of Indy! Welcome again! Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts