GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting off older GL1800 and on to 04, notice the smoother low speed pulling? I notice it each time I am called on to slow in a turn when just putting around. The bike is nearly as smooth as the 1500 at 1,000 RPM in fifth gear. While I liked my 01, and still love the pearl blue that I unfortunately can not get now, the older bike was not near as smooth in low speed pulling, and made you down shift to avoid a lot of snap,crackle and pop.

It may be that the remapping of the EFC is the difference. I have no complaints so far in the new Wing, other than it seems to have the same foot brake switch failure that others do in the curise control circuit.

The bike seems to be as frugal as the old one on fuel, and whether it is because I just switched to Amsoil or not, the bike is definitely quiteter than the 01 in the gear train.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Tom,

Glad to see you got your moniker corrected. I will bet my "My Old Apollo BLUE" is as smoother as your new one.....LOL

Bulldog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts