GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Brand of tire was on your new wing when you picked her up??

Matt(Ashland,MA) :biker: :flg:

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
towmoter said:
Dunlop d-250. Do yourself a favor and put a set of good tires on it before you ride it and sell that trash on Ebay.
Thats what I was afraid of , I WILL be swapping them out....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :x

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
The round ones, silly!!!!!

Loops on mine, not that it matters to me, having it triked out the end of this month...

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the Lop 250's. I've tried the Metzlers, E-III's & D250's. I had wobble with all of them on the previous models owned. But then again, I didn't have All Balls bearings either.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the Lop 250's. I've tried the Metzlers, E-III's & D250's. I had wobble with all of them on the previous models owned. But then again, I didn't have All Balls bearings either.
Not to hijack this thread but Max (Traxxion) has some interesting thoughts about the wobble. Check out his free video. It is a large download but very interesting.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Matt(Ashland said:
towmoter said:
Dunlop d-250. Do yourself a favor and put a set of good tires on it before you ride it and sell that trash on Ebay.
Thats what I was afraid of , I WILL be swapping them out....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :x
I'm interested in buying your REAR D250, PM me wehn you are ready to sell. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
When you have both front and rear break loose on a wet I-40 in Nashville you will see what is wrong with them. That was not the first time they lost traction on wet roads but it was the last. Everyone has their own opnion on tires and after my experience with the D-250 I will never own a Dunlop product again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It really causes me to think about why motorcycle manufactures put such lousy tires on their new bikes. For a motorcycle, safety, handling and ride quality depends heavily on the tires. If you want a good first impression the tires should be top of the line.

My Kawasaki Voyager XII was the same way. It came with lousy tires but I thought it is old technology and that was the way it was. After they were worn out I put a set of E3s on and it was like a different bike. The thing suddenly handled! I could flick it around at will, it held a line in a corner and rain grooves were no longer a problem.

My 07 GW came with Dunlop 250s, and the ride and handling seem good to me. I don't like the way rain grooves effect it, but I know I will be surprised at how much better a set of Avons, E3s or Stones will make it.

Wouldn't it be nice for a $20,000 + motorcycle to come with a set of tires that matched the performance of the rest of the bike?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
NovellRed said:
Wouldn't it be nice for a $20,000 + motorcycle to come with a set of tires that matched the performance of the rest of the bike?

Add, " and a good suspension" after tires.....

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trialsman said:
NovellRed said:

Add "a good seat", Next...........

:D Herb

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
trialsman said:
NovellRed said:

You people have to get a grip. I know it's close to Christmas but Honda is too cheap for that.

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honda must have got a sweet deal to equip ALL 05, 06, and 07 wings with thier tire(tyre, Canada) Must have been a sweet deal indeed... I know my dealer is going to give me huge static about swapping them out, I just don't feel comfortable on them.... If he does not help me I will bite the bullet and sell the on here to some lucky bidder!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Matt(Ashland,MA) :chicken:

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Can any one name one brand of tire Honda could put on the Wing that a group of people wouldn't complain about? Absolutely not. Might as well throw D-250s on it. They work great for a majority of people.

Same with the seat.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Hell i could not afford the motorcycle you guys that think would be perfect. And then again it may not be perfect for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts