GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new '07 Wing came with Bridgestone tires. I was surprised because I thought all Honda came stock with Dunlops. Was this due to the recent Dunlop strike, maybe?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Quick-Silver said:
Was this due to the recent Dunlop strike, maybe?
That would be my guess. If Honda goes back to Dunlops it won't be a guess anymore. lol.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Quick-Silver said:
My new '07 Wing came with Bridgestone tires. I was surprised because I thought all Honda came stock with Dunlops. Was this due to the recent Dunlop strike, maybe?

Be happy the Bridgestone is a much better tire (handling and grip) IMHO.

The Dunlop might make you happier if mileage or some other factor is most important to you.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I'd sure hate buying a tire from a company returning to production right after a strike. The thought of maybe some disgruntled workers building tires scares me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My new 07 Came with the stones also. They ran out of Dunlops and had to go with the stones. I like my stones. Earlier 07 still had dunlops on them.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
silver looks best :yes:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Quick-Silver said:
Be glad. The Dunlop 205's aren't that great. Congrats on the new scoot!

·
Registered
750 Posts
My 02 came with them and thats ALL I will use. Had great service out of them, 22,347 on the last front tire I changed. Don't get as much out of the rear though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just bought a new 07 wing yesterday, it has the dunlops.

Wht Lightning

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
seems like everyone is very happy with the new front Bridgestones, why havn't they come out with a new rear tire ?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I love the stones and would not run anything else,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cosmic_chariot said:
Yeah.. my 02 came with Stones also.. they were completely worn out
at 9000 miles...

cosmic
Interesting. What did you replace them with?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
[quote="White Lightnig":2ywgtlg2]I just bought a new 07 wing yesterday, it has the dunlops.

Wht Lightning
Congrats on the new ride. I wonder if your VIN is higher or lower from the ones with the Stones.[/quote:2ywgtlg2]

It was a direct ship from the factory to my dealer last week. I traded in my '07 NAVI which had on it Donlops. My dealer for what ever reason dosen't carry in inventory any ABS bikes so it had to be ordered. No big deal though; ordered it on Friday and it was here and ready to roll out on the following Thursday. I used the time in between to get my financing in place.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
tourman said:
I'd sure hate buying a tire from a company returning to production right after a strike. The thought of maybe some disgruntled workers building tires scares me.
I tend to think likewise...... having been a Dunlop customer/user for what seems like a bazillion years, I am wary of any product that comes from the factory during (or immediately before/after) a strike.

Having one of four tires go bad is a problem (not an "issue", but a problem; having one of only two tires fail is disproportionately worse.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
The old stones in 02 were not very long lasting.I like the new stones alot. I have over 10k on my front and still going strong.

PS RED CONVINCED ME

1 - 20 of 20 Posts