GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:excited: Just wanted to let ya'll know that Jane and I bought a new Yellow one from our local dealer Champions of Leesburg (1hour+) away. This is the second time I have purchased a Goldwing from them.
I know...everyone says, why did you buy yellow, everybody has one. Well I'll tell you why. I wasn't that crazy about the colour when it 1st came out originally, but after a while it kinda grew on me and then it was unavailable for quite some time, so our 06 was going to run out of waranty in March, so we decided instead of buying the extended waranty we bought a new Yellow one instead!
Dealt with the owner Jerry to make the deal...I came in armed with prices and knew that we were willing to pay a little more for the convinience of buying locally but wasn't prepared to take it up the wazzoo to do so. Was very pleasently suprised to find out that he was very receptive, accomodating and we struck a deal quite quickly and painlessly.:thumbup:

The one thing I noticed on the way home was that the cruise control actually kicks in as it should...right away, no lag time at all....finally.:bow: Bonus!

Thanks for letting me babble here for a few minutes. :p

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
293 Posts
:congrats: im riding my first wing last bike was a suzuki c90.:yes::yes: each time we go out still get excited of the power and comfort the wing has to offer

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not used to riding on the stock size tire (normally have riden the 70 series for 4 years), so that is one thing really different is the extra snort on the bottom end. :lol:

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Glad to know my local dealer has deals!!! See you next week at the Saturday lunch ride in Tavares..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's next week already, WOW! I guess I will be seeing you next week for sure. Now that I have gotten down here from the frozen north, it is such a treat to be able to ride just any day, at any time. :tongue:

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
2013 Red GW
5,924 Posts
Yellow is the next color I will buy when the time comes to move to a newer model. I think the yellow is the best looking and safest color to ride on. Good luck on your new scoot.

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
721 Posts
:congrats: on the 09 wing,they will see you a mile away with that YELLOW.;)

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
nothing like a new wing

:congrats:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Congrats on the new ride...........

The '09 has a lot of little annoying bugs corrected..........you'll notice your speedo is correct also.

Have fun!
My '09 is still in "moth balls" ;)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Hal, congrats on the new bike. My new one has been away for so long that I need to go in my garage every now and then to remind me I have a new Wing. Of course, I am jealous you can ride.:cus::banghead:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congratulations! I like Yellow.

Another thing I found that has been fixed the 09 is rear suspension pre load. On my 05 it didn't move until the numbers were at 5 or 6. The 09 works perfectly, no need to bleed the system.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian_Fenner Thanks for letting me know about the speedo. I was really happy to have my cruise control work witout a hitch.:thumbup:

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RRIXX Thanks for the cudo's. Have only had one ride from Leesburg when I bought it. I put some stuff back into the new like my rain gear and tool kit and stuff. Man I carry a lot of stuff.

RRIXX , hopefully you will be out riding in no time.:snow1:
Hehehe! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bartman, hope to be at Beverly's hospital window on Monday....my see you there.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Canuck
2,848 Posts
Hal - CONGRATS! Are we going to see your new ride in the far north?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts