GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about payments with trade in. Whats Honda laying on a 12?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Huh?

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Trade in values are usually not very good.
Suggest finding a buyer for yours-take the buyer to your dealer and make the deal look like a trade-in on the new 2012.
Also, I see no reason for not giving the same approx. $4,000 off the 2012 as Honda has done on left overs. IMHO.
I did recieve $2500 over trade-in value and got $4,000 off MSRP on mine but, that was way back in Aug. of 06!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Never trade in a bike--Dealers just won`t give ya a good price on it--check Blue Book, look at other prices in your area on one like yours, and put it on Craigslist----then go get that new BIKE!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
did you go to Honda's web site to see what offers that Honda has right now?

I got 0.9% interest for 36 months when I bought my my 2010.... If I waited one month I would also have gotten $1,000 worth of free Hondaline accessories, oh well.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Payments

I was just wondering about payment on a new 12, say with 10K down. Not a trick question.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I was just wondering about payment on a new 12, say with 10K down. Not a trick question.
There's not enough information to answer your question. You can go to Bankrate.com and put in the variables and get your answer.

You'll need to know the amount financed(purchase price -$10,000), the term(number of months) and the interest rate.
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators.aspx

·
Registered
31 Posts

Honda has a 3.9% rate offering on the 12's right now. If you buy a 23K bike, and add another 1.5 for TTL you have a todal of 24.5, minus 10K for your down, which leaves you at 14.5K to finance.

For 36 months, your payment is $413
For 72 months, your payment is $218

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This will get you close

First, find out the out-the-door price of the bike you want and the current interest rate being offered. If you want to pay $10,000 down, then subtract $10,000 from the price of the bike. Then, open the following website and plug in the numbers. You won't miss it far.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-loan-calculator.aspx

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

Monthly payments would be the price of the new motorcycle minus $10,000 divided by number of months finaced including the finance charges depending upon interest rate of the loan. ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
New 12 Payments

You mean like on a street corner? Ho'in?
Bet he''ll be working a long time to get that new bike. :lol: :joke:

We might be surprised, from what I have heard ( and I mean just heard ) no actual application. Some make pretty good on the corner. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
801 Posts
I just got a flyer in the mail yesterday that for 36 months or less, it wa 0.9%. Longer than 36 months was 3.99%

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Why on earth would someone trade in an 01-11 on a 12? It's the same bike... with a worse paintjob and harley bags tacked on.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey, srobak, Like your MADD sticker! :agree:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts