GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 400 mi so far in 2weeks and the tires have issues. Noticed the bike was kinda bouncing up and down at about 30mph ; like an out of round tire. Sure enough , I raised up the front end and spun the tire ; an obvious flat spot ,yea! Soooo I said might as well check the back ; biotch , the frickin back tire is outta wack also. @%#$#^@&@*(
Dealer is closed today so I will call tomorrow ; two tires,and cruise control that gives a shot of throttle when activated. Hope I dont get run around on tires.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The cruise control will settle down with use. I felt the surge when I set mine on the way home from the dealer. It scared me. At least I was ready for it later on. Once it settles down with more usage it will work exactly as you would expect.

Good luck with the tires. That's just bad luck!

·
Banned
792 Posts
I have about 400 mi so far in 2weeks and the tires have issues. Noticed the bike was kinda bouncing up and down at about 30mph ; like an out of round tire. Sure enough , I raised up the front end and spun the tire ; an obvious flat spot ,yea! Soooo I said might as well check the back ; biotch , the frickin back tire is outta wack also. @%#$#^@&@*(
Dealer is closed today so I will call tomorrow ; two tires,and cruise control that gives a shot of throttle when activated. Hope I dont get run around on tires.
Tires sound like a fluke but the cruise control is a normal function I feel. Mine will bump a bit as soon as you engage it but some of my autos do the same thing to a degree. Once engaged they are as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Cruise is an easy fix if it does not get better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The cruise control will settle down with use. I felt the surge when I set mine on the way home from the dealer. It scared me. At least I was ready for it later on. Once it settles down with more usage it will work exactly as you would expect.

Good luck with the tires. That's just bad luck!
I had the same experience with the cruise control when the bike was new. Like Glarson3 says, the surge will settle down after some miles. My 2012 has 29K on it now and there is no surge. Did not adjust a thing.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same experience with the cruise control when the bike was new. Like Glarson3 says, the surge will settle down after some miles. My 2012 has 29K on it now and there is no surge. Did not adjust a thing.
good news ; one less thing for the dealer to fuss with. thanks

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
I'll trade you a red '12 for that troublesome '13. No lumpy tires on mine. lol. Had a fresh Stone mounted on my frt wheel this afternoon. FYI.... Your Vic is gone already!

Enjoy the new scoot.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll trade you a red '12 for that troublesome '13. No lumpy tires on mine. lol. Had a fresh Stone mounted on my frt wheel this afternoon. FYI.... Your Vic is gone already!

Enjoy the new scoot.

Sent from iPhone
I had to go down there to sign some papers and the new owner was there. He traded in a burgman. Let me think about that trade ; wait right there and I'll get back to you shortly.;)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

The HD/Honda dealer I use replaced both Stones under warranty,I had the dreaded head shake on accel & decel,my cruise does the same as yours I don't consider it a problem. I really think the two closest to me Honda only dealers would say my tire problem was nothing abnormal which is normal for them.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dropped off the bike today. Check in guy said he didn't see any warranty issues from honda. We shall see:coffee1:

·
Registered
32 Posts
dropped off the bike today. Check in guy said he didn't see any warranty issues from honda. We shall see:coffee1:
Do you know how long your bike was on the floor prior to purchase? It seems like that could be the culprit for the flatspots. Mine came out of the crate and so far no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know how long your bike was on the floor prior to purchase? It seems like that could be the culprit for the flatspots. Mine came out of the crate and so far no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mine came out of the crate also ; I spun the tire , its defective.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I've yet to find a defective tire in 40 years. My guess is they will determine both your tires are fine.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've yet to find a defective tire in 40 years. My guess is they will determine both your tires are fine.
must be me. Went through 16 tires at the goodyear dealer before they found 2 ROUND ones. Strictly on their part with the force balance machine. My friends brand new 5th wheel didnt make 20 mi before the tire blew out. Air was checked on launch. You are the luckiest driver on the planet. Out of round tires are common here ; must be the heat:lol:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Oh no! Not a issue with Stones again. Why am I not surprised? I checked the run-out of the rear Bridgestone on my 2012 and I measure approximately 1/8" to 3/16" of run-out on the sidewall. I didn't have a very technical way of measuring it. I like to refer to it as a WAG.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have had a out of round Dunlop E3 that i couldn't get to quit hopping and the Honda Shop tried to spin balance but just couldn't! I was able to get it replaced. I had a G709 Bridgestone that gave a pogo effect on took off after 2,000 miles but DLP said I had it too long to replace it.
Lyle

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my new name

Soooooo I took it to action honda in hudson,fl. Left it a couple days and got a phone call ; Will says they test drove it and found low air pressure in the front tire. I say not , it had 38 lbs in it when I left it. Now keep in mind I have never done anything there before except buy a qt of oil. I ask him if he jacked it up and spun the tire because thats how I saw the flat spot. He said I'll put you on hold and ask mike what he did. Obviously he didnt know how to work the hold button because thats when I heard my new name. He said hey mike ; its that f ing ah that owns the goldwing and then some conversation in the background. Now remember I have never seen him before so how did he know I was an f ing ah. Anyway I hung up and called back to speak to the mgr, so I spoke to steve and filled him in on the conversation and he apologized up and down and I said I would pick it up Tues. Sat scott calls me and says I have to call bridgestone customer service at this number for warranty. I dial all day and its a bogus number. Mon I get the real number from google and customer service wants to know why I am calling and not the dealer; they say have the dealer call. I call West coast power sports in clearwater and they say no problem ; they have them in stock bring it in and they will swap it out. AND THEY DID!!!!! Soooooooooo action honda in hudson sucks the big one and west coast powersports rocks. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
One other thing ; I will now go on a national badmouthing campaign for you know who.:thumbup:

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
Glad Clearwater took care of you. You must have thrown my name around! lol I don't see how Hudson sells anything. The owner is either super hot or super cold when I go in. The main guy in sales always has a attitude.

Glad you got it.

Sent from iPhone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts