GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I just put down a deposit on a new 1800 and am very excited. I also have a BMW R1150RT and Victory and have toured on the BMW. My wife and I wanted to get a better touring bike and the Goldwing seems perfect.

My question is, what accessories would you as an owner consider to be a must based on your experience. Addtionally, what accessories would you think are nice to have, but can be added at anytime. your help here will allow me to order what I want now and have it installed when I get the bike.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
A must have is ABS......Anything else can be added at a later date!

Just one opinion......

Congrats on the new scoot!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree about the ABS. Other musts are fog lights, belly pan and front fender extension.
Nice to have are:
Accessory Outlet
Heated Grips
Duckfoot Side Stand Pad
Honda CB (if you can afford it--I haven't purchased it yet.)
Chrome Trunk Trim.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Must haves: heated grips, backrest, highway pegs, rear speakers, tunes of some sort (I have a Sony MD player) fog lights and rear spoiler with brake light. (for visibility)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Tulsa Belly Pan, Mirror wings Baker or Tulsa and rear speakers. Don't get the rear speakers form honda tho. Get ahold of Lewis at EC and see if he has any polk speakers left.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The Tulsa mirror wings were my first acc added on. Cut the wind buffeting off my wife greatly in her words.

then the Kury LED stealth, mirror and lower bag chrome trim with lights along with the Tulsa belly pan.

I just received the used honda line chrome trim for the trunk and bags from Gary in NV. Might try some custom LED stuff with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts