GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everone.I purchased a new gold, GL1800 with the Nav/comfort pkg.,in July.I was scared to death riding that monster home from the dealer.I have been "church mousing"on this site since then.I have learned so much from this board.I really enjoy everones knowledge and input.
The biggest bit of info I have learned from this board is not to ask about 2 topics...oil and front wheel wobble! :lol:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
PANTHERJOE said:
Hello everone.I purchased a new gold, GL1800 with the Nav/comfort pkg.,in July.I was scared to death riding that monster home from the dealer.I have been "church mousing"on this site since then.I have learned so much from this board.I really enjoy everones knowledge and input.
The biggest bit of info I have learned from this board is not to ask about 2 topics...oil and front wheel wobble! :lol:
Congradulations! You now need to get off the key board and find a ECR course (ASAP) you won't learn to ride on the key board.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Welcome

Welcome! Get the DVD "Ride Like A Pro" and tame the beast. God bless.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Pantherjoe;

How many people read this board?
How many add comments or suggestions?
Thousands? tens of thousands??
Who knows??
Off all the thousands of people who read and post here what percentage have problems? 1%? A few percent more?
I bought my 1800 after reading postings on this board for months and I was also concerned about all the gremlins that have been reported.
I have no front wobble, nor any other of the terrible maladies that have been reported. (tire cupping because of too low tire pressure being the exception)
My point?
Not every 1800 has problems. Continue to read these boards and learn what to look for.
As far as oil goes.......
I use OEM oil and filters. Why mess with what works?
I will never understand why people get Wal-Mart filters and oil (just an example) but that is their choice.
Use what makes you feel safe and happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts