GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I finally bought a GL1800, after two Connies and a GL 1200 I finally pulled the trigger and bought a very cherry 2002 GL1800with 34k on it. I have only put about 350 miles on it but I am so excited. It is one fine machine and is very rider friendly. I am looking forward to reading, learning, and riding with some of you.

Billy Budd in Tucson!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
You picked a great site to learn a lot of information. But there are also a lot of very opinionated people that you have to sort through. Great reading though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Congrats, and welcome!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats on the new wing. I love mine! Enjoy

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already am learning a great deal. I installed a new Cee Bailey windshield yesterday and this forum had a great install link. I am 6'5" so the taller windshield with the vent was a great addition. I need a pic of it I guess.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: On the Wing, and welcome to the nut house. :lol:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You picked a great site to learn a lot of information. But there are also a lot of very opinionated people that you have to sort through. Great reading though.
true

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome to the madness!

When she approaches turns, the road lays stright. She's heavy, but when you ride her she's a ton of fun. She's the most interesting motocycle in the world.

Best,

UNO

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hello everyone,
I finally bought a GL1800, after two Connies and a GL 1200 I finally pulled the trigger and bought a very cherry 2002 GL1800with 34k on it. I have only put about 350 miles on it but I am so excited. It is one fine machine and is very rider friendly. I am looking forward to reading, learning, and riding with some of you.

Billy Budd in Tucson!
Welcome, there are a number of board member living and riding around south AZ.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Florida:congrats:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bubba, I see that they are doing a 500 mile spin this Sat. I was going to try and make it but I am having tile done in my house and will miss this one. I would love to do some rides, It might be better until I get some more saddle time though. I have never owned a bike that felt like an old friend so soon. I really enjoy it so far.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Howdy Billy B. Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride.
Enjoy the miles and prepare for the smiles.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Hello everyone,

Billy Budd in Tucson!
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your 'new' '02!

I'm only a couple inches shorter than you and ride an '02. The keys to comfort for long rides are 1) a vented windscreen (mine is a V-Stream SE), 2) highway pegs/footrests (I have Mick-O-Pegs) and 3) a backrest (Utopia on my Wing).

You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
848 Posts
From one fairly new guy to another welcome. We can learn together.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts