GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go looking at new motorcycles, sit on one, your better half hops onto the pillion and announces "I like this! We have to get one!" What can you do? As a committed sport rider (FJR1300, Triumph Speed Triple) I never envisioned owning a Goldwing. I(we) have owned our 2019 Tour DCT for a little over a month now. As my primary form of transportation I have been pleasantly surprised. As a weekend ride with a passenger it has excelled( per my wife). Its not in the same class as a sport tourer like the FJR1300 but its a lot of fun. My wife likes it better and I'll keep my Speed Triple for rides with the boys. As a 50 year plus rider it is the largest motorcycle I have ever ridden. So far I have enjoyed my purchase. I will share some of my impressions later. Greetings to you all. Alan

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
When you go looking at new motorcycles, sit on one, your better half hops onto the pillion and announces "I like this! We have to get one!" What can you do? As a committed sport rider (FJR1300, Triumph Speed Triple) I never envisioned owning a Goldwing. I(we) have owned our 2019 Tour DCT for a little over a month now. As my primary form of transportation I have been pleasantly surprised. As a weekend ride with a passenger it has excelled( per my wife). Its not in the same class as a sport tourer like the FJR1300 but its a lot of fun. My wife likes it better and I'll keep my Speed Triple for rides with the boys. As a 50 year plus rider it is the largest motorcycle I have ever ridden. So far I have enjoyed my purchase. I will share some of my impressions later. Greetings to you all. Alan
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly how I got my first GW back in '94. '95's had just come out and herself liked the Pearl White one on the showroom floor. The rest is history..

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Congratulations Alan ! Will be interesting to hear what you have to say after a few thousand more miles.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Congrats on new bike.

Last year at Bikeweek my wife and I test rode the 2018. Wife decided "we" were going to get one. We both liked the white. She kept texting me different dealers that had what we were looking for. 7 or 8 months later I gave in. It's about a year old now. We call it her bike even though she probably can't reach the foot pegs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts