GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about selling my 2001 and buying a new 2007 with the airbag and ABS. I don't really care about the navigation, sound or the comfort package but I do want the airbag and the ABS. Now that the prices for the '07s are out I've been shopping around. It appears that you can get a top of the line '06 brand new for about $4,000 less than a new '07. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...1QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50002QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anybody think of a reason why a guy should spend the extra $4,000 to get an '07?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Did you plan on paying full retail for an 07?? Plenty of dealers discount the new models right off the bat.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured you'd be able to get an '07 below retail but I doubt if it will be close to $4,000 under.

When Hal listed the '07 prices I expected them to be below retail but they weren't and I've gotten a quote at retail from two other dealers. I realize if I shop around I can find a better deal but $4,000???

How much do you think the prices will drop below retail?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You're in Iowa right? Try Pete Hatfield at Hatfield Motorsports 563-263-0704. He sells at dealer invoice, and works on the holdback. Plus he pays a Very fair dollar for your trade.

I'll be there next week to pick up my orange 07. Also, he's honest, with a Great service area, and specializes in Goldwings.

H

·
0 Posts
WNGNUT said:
I figured you'd be able to get an '07 below retail but I doubt if it will be close to $4,000 under.

When Hal listed the '07 prices I expected them to be below retail but they weren't and I've gotten a quote at retail from two other dealers. I realize if I shop around I can find a better deal but $4,000???

How much do you think the prices will drop below retail?
Check the 2007 prices again. I listed the MSRP and then put TBA in as our price. I don't even know what or when we will get the 2007 yet so I don't want to jump the gun.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that Hal....I missed that. I was hoping you'd jump in here and give me the scoop.

I will definately give you a call when I get ready to buy. Your forum is a great tool that I've used several times so I wouldn't consider buying without talking to you. I'm just trying to figure out when would be the best time and if I should sell my '01 or trade it.

I hate to buy a new bike and then look at it setting in the garage and using up warranty time all winter so ??

I appreciate you jumping in and you will hear from me when I buy my new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts