GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my new 2012 Red Goldwing last Wednesday. Got most of everything put on it that I had on my 2008. Replaced most all the chrome with new. Still have some on order. Here is two pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good looking ride, enjoy!

I was one of the ones that was disappointed with the lack of changes to the 12 styling, but the more I see it, the more I like it. If I were to get one, I would change the trunk tail lights to those like the 06-10.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Good looking ride, enjoy!

I was one of the ones that was disappointed with the lack of changes to the 12 styling, but the more I see it, the more I like it. If I were to get one, I would change the trunk tail lights to those like the 06-10.
For those who prefer the "clear corners" look, are the light assemblies interchangeable between the 2012 and the previous version (2006-10)?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Also needs the chrome engine covers (please don't take mine). Does Honda still make the chrome engine covers? How much would they cost? I guess you could move them from your 2008 and leave the black covers on the 2008; will you do that?

I also agree that the rear lights on the 06-10 looked better and were better able to be seen.

Otherwise the two tone look is growing on me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Am I mistaken, or are the fog lights round? The others I've seen are rectangular. Maybe it's the angle from which I'm looking.

·
Registered
86 Posts
clev.
"Am I mistaken, or are the fog lights round? The others I've seen are rectangular. Maybe it's the angle from which I'm looking."

he changed the lower cowl to a chrome one with round openings.

Looks real good!! congratulation

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks, Stra; I didn't know the cowl's would interchange.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Am I mistaken, or are the fog lights round? The others I've seen are rectangular. Maybe it's the angle from which I'm looking.
I put new fog lights in it. I purchased the older style because they are half the price of the new rectangular lights and I used the older style chrome lower cowl. All the chrome is new but Honda line is the only place that has the rectangular lights and chrome cowl. For the price I will take the round ones.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chrome covers

Also needs the chrome engine covers (please don't take mine). Does Honda still make the chrome engine covers? How much would they cost? I guess you could move them from your 2008 and leave the black covers on the 2008; will you do that?

I also agree that the rear lights on the 06-10 looked better and were better able to be seen.

Otherwise the two tone look is growing on me.
The chrome engine covers won't fit. I am sure there will be after market chrome covers.

·
Registered
610 Posts
where did you get your bike ? Looks great :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fork guards

The 2012 does not have chrome fork guards or the behind the fender chrome. These parts are chromed on older models. You can exchange them or order new parts for the older models.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
The chrome engine covers fit perfectly 'except' for the top fastener. The previous years had a 'blade' type, and the '12 has a round 'boss'. I installed one at the dealership.

Your bike looks great.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jerry, Thx. The reason I asked, I was at Niehaus yesterday. Thought maybe you were as well. Enjoy your new ride, Looks Great

1 - 20 of 34 Posts