GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2012 gold wing. Upon delivery, I expected a bag of tools, two chip keys, and TWO REMOTES. I received the two keys, manuals, but NO tools and ONE remote. IS that all I get??
Thanks for your repley.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes Honda quit putting the tool kit in the USA bikes mine came with two keys and one remote and no tool kit I bought a second remote off eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Jeez! What did you expect for all them thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went back to my dealer and he said he would sell me one but they are not worth the price to to buy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
valk99 When I was picking up my 2012 at the dealer's i noticed it did not have a tool kit. Sales man said it was not included but left me keep the one out of the 2008 traded.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, two keys and one remote, no took kit! Also, the keys are not chip keys..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had some keys made at home depot.
They work on the locks but not the ignition.
When I insert the honda key into the ignition, I hear click???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The click made me think the key is special chip or whatever. Do I need the get a dealer key??

·
Registered
76 Posts
The click made me think the key is special chip or whatever. Do I need the get a dealer key??
Some one will chime in with the correct key blank, but if you check the length of the factory key against the key you had made, you will find out that the factory key is longer.

I heard most use the Axxess 27 or 27R key blank, don't know which one is for the ignition but all will work on the fuel and storage compartment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A friend suggested it might be the length. I'll take a look after the game.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just checked the keys,. The OE grooves are longer then the HD's.
thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't remember the number but I bought my key for the ignition from the hardware store it was for a Honda car

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I just checked the keys,. The OE grooves are longer then the HD's.
thanks
You can use the HD keys for the fuel door and keyed fairing pocket. They just wont start the bike..

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Axxess 27 for ignition and fork lock...27R for the others

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

Unfortunately, yes, you got what you were supposed to get.

When I got mine and realized I didn' get a tool kit, I went out and took the took kit out of the 2001 I was trading in so I still had one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts