GL1800Riders Forums banner

New 2012

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  clev 
#1 ·
I will pick up my new 2012 Goldwing next Wednesday. I traded by 2008 red one for a 2012 red. I still really like the style of the older ones better but I had 53,000 miles on my 2008 so I wanted a new one. I did not like the two tone color at first but I am getting use to it. Red is the only one I did like but that is just my choice. I sure other people like the other colors.

#2 ·
I can't believe you got rid of it because it already had 53K miles on it. That's just getting broken in. My 07 has 83K miles on it and it has a lot more in it. Now if you got a 2012 just because you wanted one, that's cool.:lol:

GM

#12 ·
that little memory stick music system is worth it;s weight in gold! i love mine!

#13 ·
:congrats: Think i'll wait for the Yellow ones to arrive.

#18 ·
You are right about not needing a bike because of the miles. I have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years. I have found by trading when they have around 50,000 miles you get a much better deal than when they get 100 to 150 thousand miles on them. My 2008 has had the oil changed and service every 3,000 miles. Air filter changed every year. Clutch and brakes and cooling system flashed every year. I do all my own service so I know it is done. The bike looks just like new not a mark on it never been down. So smeone will get a real good bike and I will have a new one.

#20 ·
You are right about not needing a bike because of the miles. I have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years. I have found by trading when they have around 50,000 miles you get a much better deal than when they get 100 to 150 thousand miles on them. My 2008 has had the oil changed and service every 3,000 miles. Air filter changed every year. Clutch and brakes and cooling system flashed every year. I do all my own service so I know it is done. The bike looks just like new not a mark on it never been down. So smeone will get a real good bike and I will have a new one.
:agree:

:congrats: on the new bike!

Although GW's rarely garner big repair bills it can happen and I just hate putting big money into a high mileage machine. I've taken some big hits on farm equipment and vehicles in the past by trying to get "one more cheap year" out of them and it has backfired more than once. I guess I'm just not that lucky! :shrug: I now trade before the warranty expires and it appears that my overall costs are no higher than before.

#21 ·
The two tone is a good look in my humble opinion. I would traid mine in but I just like not having to make any more payments, and I dont have the cash for a new one. Ill just see how many miles I can get out of this one. Im at alittle over 50k right now on my 97.

#22 ·
:congrats:
Hi bop; I've followed your delivery posts since before I I got involved in getting a new one from Schroaders. I posted a thread for information on them and you were waiting for a bike then. I've now had mine for 2 weeks and you're still waiting. I don't know what your background is, but I'm retired Army, Ex-Green Beret, and if they had pulled this crap on me, I'd be standing on someone's desk. I'd get my deposit from them and find a dealsership that had the bike I wanted. But then, like I said, that's just me; and I might go to jail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.