GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, My 2004 has over 150,000 miles on it and I'm now getting a 2014...nope not getting ride of my baby...its just broken it...LOL. Anyway have a couple questions.
1. Does anyone have the Polygon Integrated Exhaust Tips - Kuryakyn 7608 - they exhaust downward and I heard that the sound is loud.
2. I don't have a integrated GPS so this will be my first, there used to be a sticky that told how to update your GPS and many more tweaks....I want to know how to update the GPS with files from my lifetime downloads without having to purchase a new map every year. I thought you were able to download and copy some files over and transfer them and it would upgrade your GPS.....?
3. CB from BikeMP3 ordered.....was told it was better, cheaper and a friend has one....so....hey.
4. Can you use HID lights with the tinted lenses. Have them now and love them but not sure if they will be worth it if they won't work through the tint.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have the exhaust tips on my 2012 and the exhaust does exit at the bottom ...... there IS a VERY SLIGHT DIFFERENCE in sound/loudness since it is now exiting at a different spot to your ear. It is the same exhaust volume, exit hole, and muffler ........ It is a barely noticable difference.

Congrats on the new bike

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
1. Does anyone have the Polygon Integrated Exhaust Tips - Kuryakyn 7608 - they exhaust downward and I heard that the sound is loud.
I have these on my bike and it does change the tone a little, but not a tremendous amount. You'll notice it most when you go through a tunnel or a smaller underpass like those that run under an interstate. I've seen other posts about these and some thought it made the exhaust sound "like it had a hole in it." I don't agree with that. I like the looks, especially how it extends the exhaust out to match the saddle bags.

·
Registered
401 Posts
answers!

Hey all, My 2004 has over 150,000 miles on it and I'm now getting a 2014...nope not getting ride of my baby...its just broken it...LOL. Anyway have a couple questions.
2. I don't have a integrated GPS so this will be my first, there used to be a sticky that told how to update your GPS and many more tweaks....I want to know how to update the GPS with files from my lifetime downloads without having to purchase a new map every year. I thought you were able to download and copy some files over and transfer them and it would upgrade your GPS.....?
3. CB from BikeMP3 ordered.....was told it was better, cheaper and a friend has one....so....hey.
4. Can you use HID lights with the tinted lenses. Have them now and love them but not sure if they will be worth it if they won't work through the tint.
Thanks
First - Gratz and welcome!
1 - My friend has them and I don't. I can't tell the difference between our bikes and there is more wind noise than exhaust above 40 mph.
2 - See this thread - http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?329876-Updating-Garmin-Maps Note that Honda and Garman seem to have issues with keeping the Honda maps updated. Go to the garman site and it will tell you how to check if an update is available.
3 - :thumbup: Ordered mine the day pre-order became available.
4 - On this I have no idea. Please note some local laws limit the color of forward facing lights. :shrug:

Enjoy the new toy. You'll get at least 500K miles out of it :lol:
...gene

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
4. The color of the bulbs are selected when you purchase the HID lights, I believe. YMMV

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I really would like to order the Polygon Integrated Exhaust Tips - Kuryakyn 7608 for my 2013... I think they really look Great from the back but I can not seem to find any pictures from the side...

Would it be possible for someone to take a side view picture with them installed please

Thanks

John

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Post how the install of Bikemp3 CB goes. I'm aware that Pete is or was, working on a new version. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Hey all, My 2004 has over 150,000 miles on it and I'm now gettin
Thanks
You would think The brightness of a hid bulb will be much greater than any stock bulb and will shoot pass tint.
I would ask tinted lens owners if tint on len heats up faster damaging len?

·
Registered
401 Posts
a pic

I really would like to order the Polygon Integrated Exhaust Tips - Kuryakyn 7608 for my 2013... I think they really look Great from the back but I can not seem to find any pictures from the side...

Would it be possible for someone to take a side view picture with them installed please

Thanks

John
Not the best pic, but...
...gene
Gary's bike.jpg

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Thanks

John
Heres one I took a couple of weeks ago that shows the side pretty well.

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post the picture 1096dad...but when I blow the picture up it is out of focus....Thanks anyway

John

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post the picture 1096dad...but when I blow the picture up it is out of focus....Thanks anyway

John
Well let's try this one. :thumbup:

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Thanks 1096dad ...that is the ticket...looks really good, Thanks again for posting the photo :thumbup:

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts