GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years and 73K I replaced the rear shock and what a diffrrence it makes. One up and i can leave on preload 1 and it actually absorbes road irregularites. Before it felt like I had no shocks even on 20.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
After 6 years and 73K I replaced the rear shock and what a diffrrence it makes. One up and i can leave on preload 1 and it actually absorbes road irregularites. Before it felt like I had no shocks even on 20.
Dont forget to top off your actuator for best proformence
congrats.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
​I too changed my shock out on my 2008 for a 2013. It made a huge difference in the ride and handling. I went from riding pressure 20 to 7. Great investment!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Shock

I have to agree with the second post. Mine didn't move until # 7. After changing, and adding fluid it now moves up from # 1. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tested the preload after the install before buttoning it back up and it moves at two. I thought about topping it off, but the banjo bolt was really right and it seemed like it was going to take a lot of force to get it off so I stopped. I can live with two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts