GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure if I should post this here and no connection with any of the bikes. I was just on cycle trader and found numerous new 2016 & 2017's at dealers nationwide. I can only assume there was a sudden demand for them and Honda made them available. They are mostly level 1 bikes but they are commanding a premium price. I check cycle trade regularly for this type of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmmm:serious:

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
i'm still looking for the "money tree" to plant in " my " backyard !! seems lots on here have one ! :surprise::wink2::laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
If & When

i'm still looking for the "money tree" to plant in " my " backyard !! seems lots on here have one ! :surprise::wink2::laugh:
@uncklejohn If & When you find it, please share with us>:)

Reactions: Clamper

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Hmmm... I was looking about a month ago and I thought the Level 1s and 2s were going dirt cheap. The Level 3 (ABS) models were still at full retail - those few that were left.

I assumed these were just new old stock. I just purchased a brand new 2017 that was sitting at the dealer for almost 2 years. Lucky for me it was marked down almost $7,000 below retail. That and a discount on parts and accessories made it very attractive over a 2018+ so I snapped it up. Plus, I prefer a BIG bike anyway - that's what brought me to the GoldWing in the first place. :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hmmm... I was looking about a month ago and I thought the Level 1s and 2s were going dirt cheap. The Level 3 (ABS) models were still at full retail - those few that were left.

I assumed these were just new old stock. I just purchased a brand new 2017 that was sitting at the dealer for almost 2 years. Lucky for me it was marked down almost $7,000 below retail. That and a discount on parts and accessories made it very attractive over a 2018+ so I snapped it up. Plus, I prefer a BIG bike anyway - that's what brought me to the GoldWing in the first place. :D
You were lucky to find a new (old stock) Level 3, especially at that price point. They have become very hard to find, and the remaining stock is going for full retail ++.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Wasn't sure if I should post this here and no connection with any of the bikes. I was just on cycle trader and found numerous new 2016 & 2017's at dealers nationwide. I can only assume there was a sudden demand for them and Honda made them available. They are mostly level 1 bikes but they are commanding a premium price. I check cycle trade regularly for this type of thing.
Yea right my 2009 gold wing appreciates every every month G what does that tell us about the 2018-19

·
Registered
13 Posts
My local Honda dealer bought as many brand new 2016 & 2017 models as they could get this year. They purchased almost 100 back in April (all Level 1 & 2). I bought a brand new 2016 level 2 for almost $10,000 under MSRP about 3 weeks ago! They priced the GL1800's so attractively, they only have 3 left, as of yesterday. I was going to go with a 2018 but my wife hated the seat (she rides with my 75% of the time), which is why I got the 2016 (and they have no 2017 level 2's left). Needless to say, I love my new Wing and my wife is very happy!!

By the way, I upgraded from a CTX1300, which was a great bike.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
Yea right my 2009 gold wing appreciates every every month G what does that tell us about the 2018-19
Yea right...you would nearly have to give your 09 away to even sell it with the gut of Gold Wings out on the market...you think your wing appreciates, that funny :)

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Yea right...you would nearly have to give your 09 away to even sell it with the gut of Gold Wings out on the market...you think your wing appreciates, that funny :)
That is funny, you have lost twice as much on depreciation has I have already on your 18,19 than I ever will. I look time to time to move to a 12 to 17 year and do not see a gut of wings. I do see more realistic pricing

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
That is funny, you have lost twice as much on depreciation has I have already on your 18,19 than I ever will. I look time to time to move to a 12 to 17 year and do not see a gut of wings. I do see more realistic pricing
You got to be kidding...its a buyers market out there for motorcycles...especially for Gold Wings...your 09 is 10 years old...still an awesome machine, but 10 years old...nobody in their right mind is going to pay top dollar for a 10-year-old bike no matter how nice you think your machine is. If you really tried to sell it right now you will be shocked how low your price will have to go just to sell a 10-year-old machine... there is just too many Gold Wings out there just as nice as yours with even lower mileage for a serious buyer to chose from.

Depreciation doesn't bother me one bit because I'm in it for the long haul. I rode my 2003 Traxxion wing for 15 years...it will be the same with my 2018, so I couldn't care less about depreciation...its all about the enjoyment the machine gives me, and this 2018 is very enjoyable to ride....the best Gold Wing Honda has ever built.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts