GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to bike show in Cleveland Sunday “looking” for a new bike. I have and ‘06. Looked at ‘19 Tour. Still not fond of new design. Lo and behold, found a brand new, yes brand new 2016 GoldWing. Full 3 year manufacturers warranty, etc. Love it and waiting to get it home. Minus 12 here in Ohio!!! Question: Trying to find accessories, rear spoiler, trunk rack, backrest, etc that I had on ‘06. Can’t seem to locate items for specific year bike. Any ideas where to look? Did find some at Wing Stuff. Thinking backrest will fit from my old one.
Thanx

·
Registered
852 Posts
Went to bike show in Cleveland Sunday “looking” for a new bike. I have and ‘06. Looked at ‘19 Tour. Still not fond of new design. Lo and behold, found a brand new, yes brand new 2016 GoldWing. Full 3 year manufacturers warranty, etc. Love it and waiting to get it home. Minus 12 here in Ohio!!! Question: Trying to find accessories, rear spoiler, trunk rack, backrest, etc that I had on ‘06. Can’t seem to locate items for specific year bike. Any ideas where to look? Did find some at Wing Stuff. Thinking backrest will fit from my old one.

Thanx

Congrats on you new Wing! I bought my trunk lid spoiler from here.

http://motor55.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Backrest don’t know what you had, but Utopia is one of the nicest IMO

Trunk Rack should be able to find numerous on EBay or Amazon. I don’t have one on my Wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I did the same thing last year. Got a smoking deal on a New 2016 Level 3. Many of the accessories I had on my 2005 went right on the 2016. Had to get a new CB however. No big deal.
I figured I saved about $4000 on the accessories I kept. Even the helmet color's matched the 2016!!!
:capwin:

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
476 Posts
2016 parts

I did the same thing in Sept last year. Do not like the '18 and wanted new bike so found a new '16 all blacked out. Got a new spoiler from craigslist color matched for $60 without mounting screws or template, saved enough to get SoCal sequential spoiler light, which I think is the greatest. Check out there video on u-tube. Took the passenger arm rests off and had them powder coated to match the wheels and purchased the new ergoIII driver floor boards in black. New bike is better than old '07 and looks great. Enjoy!!!

Billy

·
Registered
476 Posts
yes,if I remember right it was plug and play. I also have a template for the spoiler I can e-mail to you

Billy

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
went to bike show in cleveland sunday “looking” for a new bike. I have and ‘06. Looked at ‘19 tour. Still not fond of new design. Lo and behold, found a brand new, yes brand new 2016 goldwing. Full 3 year manufacturers warranty, etc. Love it and waiting to get it home. Minus 12 here in ohio!!! Question: Trying to find accessories, rear spoiler, trunk rack, backrest, etc that i had on ‘06. Can’t seem to locate items for specific year bike. Any ideas where to look? Did find some at wing stuff. Thinking backrest will fit from my old one.
Thanx
nice deal

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I used my '16 as a "do-over" from the errors, omissions and bad decisions I had made when doing my '06.

Fortunate for me, I sold my '06 *after* I'd stripped a lot of the expensive parts and pieces off of that bike that I liked or wanted and installed those onto my '16.

Anything from '12 and up will work...for some stuff. For others, it's '01 - '17 for parts and pieces.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Wife and I went to the local -Spokane-motorcycle show last year just to look around and meet up with some friends. Didn’t work out too well. Ended up writing a $14,000 check for a new Triumph Thunderbird. Oh well. Stuff happens. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I bought mine in St Louis at end of year.. New for $14K. Towed it home, still setting it up, waiting for my new Ultimate seat.. (Wish I could have swapped the new seat for the old one...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts