GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I's a Harley guy but just traded my Harley in on a new 2018 Goldwing Tour. I have found one real aggravation and I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this. It appears that whatever screen you have up, once you start moving, that is it. If i am listening to music and would like to see my Navigation screen, NO WAY. One time i even got a message that covered the entire screen and said: "you can't do this while moving." i don't even know what i hit but i had to look at this screen for the rest of my ride. NO except or release. So, now i couldn't even see what i had up originally.
Does anyone know a way to override or disable the "can't do anything if you are moving?" it is a real aggravation. if you have to pull over to side of the road just to change screens. Thanks for any help

·
IronMan
17,627 Posts
Hey, I's a Harley guy but just traded my Harley in on a new 2018 Goldwing Tour. I have found one real aggravation and I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this. It appears that whatever screen you have up, once you start moving, that is it. If i am listening to music and would like to see my Navigation screen, NO WAY. One time i even got a message that covered the entire screen and said: "you can't do this while moving." i don't even know what i hit but i had to look at this screen for the rest of my ride. NO except or release. So, now i couldn't even see what i had up originally.
Does anyone know a way to override or disable the "can't do anything if you are moving?" it is a real aggravation. if you have to pull over to side of the road just to change screens. Thanks for any help
SHOULD BE ABLE TO PULL OVER N PUT IN NEUTRAL AND RESET SCREEN. OLDER WINGS COULDNT TOUCH WHILE MOVING . SAFETY !! MITE AS WELL TEXT GOING DOWN THE ROAD ! :wink2::serious::grin2: OLD BIKES COULD JUMP WIRE UNDER SEAT (THINK) AND "FOOL" NAV THAT YOU WERENT MOVING :surprise:

·
Love The DCT
12,014 Posts
The greatest help will be to read the owner's manual. Take a look at pages 69-70.

:doorag:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
You've only found "one real aggravation?":laugh:

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
Yes ... I feel your aggravation. I remember the last time I rode Harleys. It was back in 2004 ... it was brand new, and Harley's "flag ship" ... maybe an Ultra Classic ??? It had a trunk, 2 saddle bags, and came with front upper with lower front fairings.

In my case I wanted to change the radio station. While riding, I wasn't able to figure that out, so then I tried to turn the volume down ... couldn't figure that one out either. However, I was finally able to power the radio off. It was playing a Spanish station, and I only speak English.

Actually, my frustration started when I got on it. The right blinker was on, and I needed the left one on to pull into traffic. I had to dismount, walk back, and ask the guy for those instructions.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Coupleyes congratulations on your new bike ! Lots of little things to get figured out but I’m sure with a little help you will soon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
congrats on the new bike. when you start moving the center joy stick control is locked out
but
you can still do everything from the left handle bar control. there are some thing you have to stop for but most things can be done while you are rolling from the left controls. you can use info select and set in the center while you are moving, just not the joy stick, home and back button

1 - 9 of 9 Posts