GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..I’m picking up my 2021 Tour DCT with 580 miles on the clock tomorrow morning. I’ve owned over 25 motorcycles over the years, from Super Sports to Harleys and multiple Sport Touring bikes, including Concours14 and a BMW K1600GT. I was able to ride the new Goldwing with DCT and was knocked out.
Now I’ll be looking for highway pegs as the first accessory. Then we’ll see how the windscreen and overall wind management holds up.
Glad to be part of the forum! If anyone has any must have farkle suggestions, I’m all ears🙂

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Then we’ll see how the windscreen and overall wind management holds up.
Before you spend money on a new windshield, consider getting upper wind deflectors; the ones that mount under the mirrors. If I had bought them first, I would probably NOT have spent money on an F4 +4 windshield.

I would also ride it about 1K before deciding on other farkles to determine what it REALLY needs to be comfy. Depending on your build, you may want a cushier saddle, Helibar risers, Grip Puppies, and a backrest.

And if you're going to do your own maintenance, save money from the start and get Fred's video series. He's an actual mechanic, not an internet personality playing mechanic like another guy. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/angelridevideos/313422376

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you spend money on a new windshield, consider getting upper wind deflectors; the ones that mount under the mirrors. If I had bought them first, I would probably NOT have spent money on an F4 +4 windshield.

I would also ride it about 1K before deciding on other farkles to determine what it REALLY needs to be comfy. Depending on your build, you may want a cushier saddle, Helibar risers, Grip Puppies, and a backrest.

And if you're going to do your own maintenance, save money from the start and get Fred's video series. He's an actual mechanic, not an internet personality playing mechanic like another guy. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/angelridevideos/313422376
Thanks much! Good suggestion. Are the wind deflectors factory?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Thanks much! Good suggestion. Are the wind deflectors factory?
Honda makes a set, but there are brands. Show Chrome and Baker Built come to mind. I have Show Chrome on mine. If you think you might also want lower wind deflectors, I suggest you stay with the same brand so the hardware and plastic deflectors are the same color. I have Baker lowers (which do very little IMO) so the hardware and plastic is different than the uppers. I bought window tint and covered the plastic, and just got flat black spray paint for the hardware. Kind of a PITA, but at least it will all match soon.

Reactions: Faster

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and miles of smiles 😃

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
There are a few places to mount pegs. For most of those who are 6'2" or less, pegs can be mounted on the engine protection point. Taller may require the Comfort bar mounting position.
There is another foot rest that swings out from the head but I think it severely limits the lean.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Welcome to the board, really research the items that you want and try to buy them all from one company. This will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
711 Posts
Since you have a 21, you especially need to make sure to run ALL your electrical farkles off an isolator and not the bike.
Pathfinder PAH60, Show Chrome, and EC are options. None are prefect.

They all work with any farkle.

I prefer the Pathfinder PAH60

·
Registered
254 Posts
Buy the OEM Honda upper wind deflectors they are more adjustable than the aftermarket ones! Then get the Rivco Aero flip out footpegs and you are set. Forget everything else for now!

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Highway pegs are expensive. Flat black paint isn't. (Or powder coating) Your call...

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the board from Tampa Bay Area. FASTEST! Kuryakyn Air Deflectors.
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Buy the OEM Honda upper wind deflectors they are more adjustable than the aftermarket ones! Then get the Rivco Aero flip out footpegs and you are set. Forget everything else for now!

Thanks a lot for that input. I like the look of the Rivco product. I wish the Honda air deflectors came in a smoke color, but maybe they’re less conspicuous in clear?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts