GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I asked this about a month ago & someone suggested a GL1800 belt buckle. Well those are now a reality & I need more suggestions. This forum is a great source of information & I am proud to be a sponsor for it.

Come on guys & gals, what accessory do you wish was out there. I will let you in on a secret....I'm currently working on several new products & would like your input on them.

1. A solid gas lid cover made out of stainless steel with a cut out to show thru the bike color. There are several variations I could use so I need your feedback or another suggestion:
a. cut out of a GL1800 bike
b. cut out of the Goldwing Eagle Emblem
c. cut out that says GL1800

2. Another idea I'm kicking around is custom ordered names to go on the trunk like the ones that get pin striped. Some of us would like our names on the trunk but don't want to spend all the money that is charged for pinstriping. On top of that, pinstriping is difficult to remove when you sell the bike so I'm thinking about something removable.

3. Side saddle bag decals. I'm putting some on tomorrow & will upload a picture when it's done. Would appreciate your thoughts on this product.

I still have lots of bike & trike pins availabe in all the colors so if you are interested in multiple purchases let me know as I will discount them. It will be $10 for the first one & $5 for each additional pin purchased. Email me with your order so I can invoice you directly on paypal or send me a check.

Remember, shipping is free only for the lower 48 states so if you want something mailed elsewhere, let me know first so I can figure the additional mailing costs.

Ron DeLaughter
Cowhide Covers
www.cowhidecovers.com
co-sponsor GL1800 Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Cut Out

Eagle Emblem for me. School's out on the others. Don't know if I want the people behind me to know who I am :cool: By the way, thanks for your initative with new farkles!

·
Registered
210 Posts
How about a push button gas door release to replace the keyed lock?

Marvman

·
Registered
855 Posts
:agree: i think gravity is all that keeps mine shut anyhow - i just use the key so i can lift the door

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ok... you asked, so I'll weigh in.

Neither of the 3 products you mentioned interest me in the least.

1) The gas tank lid looks fine the way it is... and personally, the last thing I want in the c0ckpit area is anything polishied or chrome that will reflect sunlight and/or cause glare.

2 & 3) Again, just a personal opinion, but I think decals of any kind... scripted/blocked names, or stripes/pictures... are going to look exactly like what they are: a poor man's version of the real thing, and be tacky as hell.

Sorry. Wish I could give you something positive for feedback, and I may change my opinion of the latter once I see pictures... but that's my first thoughts on it.

Now... something I wish someone made for GL1800 models?

HANDLEBARS!!

Bolt-on Handlebars in different lengths, widths, rise, and pullback... eliminating a need the for "1 size fits half" type of risers that are our only option now.

But, seeing how the GL1800 is bound to be nearing the end of it's nearly 10-year production run... I don't see anyone willing to put the investment into the R&D and tooling required to make such a product.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:thumbup: How about we dial this up a notch and have a cut out in the gas lid with the symbol for "POW-MIA" ?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
How about a push button gas door release to replace the keyed lock?

Marvman
I want a push button to replace the locked right cubby hole.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Stick on accessory

Wishing I had a decal of a black turkey buzzard (my good luck omen).:shrug:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea, I like that push button on the right pocket!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Seat Handle replacements!

With all the add ons, handlebar grips, chrome this and chrome that, why are there zero options to do something with the gawd awful ugly OEM seat handles?

Sure, they are highly functional, but come on give me something that matches my ISO grips, maybe even a place to mount some cool LED's.

Custom handlebars would be great also, anodized to a color of our choice...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Here are some ideas for you:

I'd like to see a dash hood that extends a couple of more inches towards the driver and a dash carpet that would cover the dash and additional hood.

Some slip on grip enhancers. Increase the diameter of the left and right stock grips without the cost or expense of replacement grips.

A goldwing script or printed letter stickon emblem. Something along the lines that the 1500's had on the rear trunk lights. Nowhere on the front or back of the bike does it say 'Goldwing'

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Hey Paul... we could always bend/cut/mold the grab handles from naked CB900's to fit.

;)
Hey Tom, That could be very expensive and time consuming! As you very well know I just spent several months finding a good quality grab bar for my CB900C! Thanks Again! :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts