GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down and changed the air filter in my bike today. It's a 2017, has 19,620 miles on her, and this is the first air filter change. Just looking at the two filters laying side by side, the dirty one doesn't look too bad. But, when I held them up to a light, the difference is dramatic in comparison. That old filter is clogged up! I'll have to say, this bike is much more involved to change the air filter, than my 2002 was.

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yup, I'd say it was definitely time. Manual states every 12,000 miles. More often when riding in unusually wet or dusty areas. It's a pain in the rump, but it pays to follow the service manual. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Broke down and changed the air filter in my bike today. It's a 2017, has 19,620 miles on her, and this is the first air filter change. Just looking at the two filters laying side by side, the dirty one doesn't look too bad. But, when I held them up to a light, the difference is dramatic in comparison. That old filter is clogged up! I'll have to say, this bike is much more involved to change the air filter, than my 2002 was.
Good job......and the good news is....it gets easier every time you do it....:tools1:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Maybe if you would move off that gravel road you call a driveway you could get 20,000 between changes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe if you would move off that gravel road you call a driveway you could get 20,000 between changes

Hello, Bank Shot!! LOL...Believe me, I have considered doing that. Just can't find a place that is equally secluded on a paved road. Hope to see you in Wisconsin! Disappointed you didn't make Virginia or Colorado last year.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hello, Bank Shot!! LOL...Believe me, I have considered doing that. Just can't find a place that is equally secluded on a paved road. Hope to see you in Wisconsin! Disappointed you didn't make Virginia or Colorado last year.
I was disappointed as well. Wish I had got to see Pete one last time, but on the bright side at least the last memory I have of him is a good one. Big rides are just not in the cards this year but next year I should be able to make more than a day ride, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts