GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new alarm sys. made for the 1800 by showchrome? I seen it at wingstuff.com. I wonder if Directline is going to carry it ,they dont list it yet.also does anyone remember the guy from Coatesville,Pa who was making his own voltmeter? I would like to get in touch with him .

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dr. Rob and I just installed that alarm last weekend. Plug an play all the way. Install was a no brainer. This is a true Alarm set up and it will disable the the electrical system if someone screws with your bike.

I recommend it highly.

Best price that we could find is here.http://wingstuff.com/.

I think that Lewis @ EC is selling these as well.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Looks like a good unit.

I was sitting here reading this and my wifes says ' seems like fairly cheap protection for the scooter'

Just another indication on why this bbs is so useful

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was on a trip with my old cruiser and the bike started acting up. It would cut out and after a bit of fooling around start as if nothing happened. 15 minutes later it would cut out again until it finally died. Turned out to be the security system. I had to rewire the bike in the middle of a national forest with no phone service.

This plug and play should be nice as you could re-attach everyting if there ever were any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts