GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think you will be happy with the it. You get a lot of bang for the buck with the Aluma. Happy Riding!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The torsion bar suspension was shot, the lid got tweeked and it didn't fit correctly making the locks not want to lock. It had close to 80K miles.

And yes I had to say it was worn out so I could get a new one...

·
Registered
596 Posts
The torsion bar suspension was shot, the lid got tweeked and it didn't fit correctly making the locks not want to lock. It had close to 80K miles.

And yes I had to say it was worn out so I could get a new one...
I'm tellin':joke:
Once she see's the extra room, you will be golden.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the new MCTXL yesterday and drug it home. It was a 350 mile trip. The new lights (brake & marker) on the 2012 model are great. Thanks to Leonard at Thomas Bus Sales for making this a painless experience. The only negative thing I have to say has NOTHING to do with Thomas Bus or Aluma. It DOES have to do with Sheffield Financial, They offered 6 months free financing. I was pre approved via internet so I brought no cash. After looking at the contract at Thomas Bus, I see a $125 processing fee. WTF? Someone tell me how that is free financing. There was no mention of that in the pre approval process. I was 350 miles from home with no way to get the cash to pay for the trailer so I had no other option.

Thanks again Leonard!

Jeff

·
Registered
222 Posts
Picked up the new MCTXL yesterday and drug it home. It was a 350 mile trip. The new lights (brake & marker) on the 2012 model are great. Thanks to Leonard at Thomas Bus Sales for making this a painless experience. The only negative thing I have to say has NOTHING to do with Thomas Bus or Aluma. It DOES have to do with Sheffield Financial, They offered 6 months free financing. I was pre approved via internet so I brought no cash. After looking at the contract at Thomas Bus, I see a $125 processing fee. WTF? Someone tell me how that is free financing. There was no mention of that in the pre approval process. I was 350 miles from home with no way to get the cash to pay for the trailer so I had no other option.

Thanks again Leonard!

Jeff
Jeff,

I would have trusted you for the payment. I agree that is a crappy deal from Sheffield not to mention that $125 when you apply for the loan. Thank you for coming to Des Moines to buy a trailer!

Leonard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts