GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far the new Aspen Classic has been doing great. So far this year 27 nights in the camper. We are off to WI Dells Aug 6th thru the 13th :excited:. So far the camper has been everything that we had hoped for and then some. Seems like everytime we set up we have 4 or 5 people stop and want to talk about the camper, they are shocked at the size of the bed, dressing area, and the amount of storage that it has. We have stayed in it with temps down in the 30's and up into the high 90's wind and rain. It sure beats the tent, if I had know it was going to be this good would have gave up tent camping years ago.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked up mine about 3 months ago but have only used it once so I'm jelous.
Should have asked my wife if she liked to camp before I bought it. I do think it is a great camper.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up mine about 3 months ago but have only used it once so I'm jelous.
Should have asked my wife if she liked to camp before I bought it. I do think it is a great camper.
Im lucky on that part it was her idea to get the camper. She said the tent thing was getting old. I was not going to tell her that maybe she was getting older. I just said well if you think we should...We picked it up March 17 at the plant.

·
Registered
92 Posts
aspen classic

we always liked to camp but it was in a tent. last year, i bought a 2010 aspen classic. at first the wife thought i spent too much on it, as i added some xtras. the first time we camped, she even had to admit that it was great. we met another couple that had just gotten theirs and became good friends with them. we're from s.dak. and they're from chicago. the wife and i went to the black hills, s.dak. and to arkansas last year. this year we went with our newfound camping friends around lake superior and had a great time. we got fairly good mileage with the bike(35-36mpg) and we never had an issue with the camping except for the mosquitoes and flies that were crossed with blackbirds. you always meet interesting people at campgrounds. excellent move it was buying the aspen classic
dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you camping at Sherwood Forest campground at the Bunkhouse camp out?

I heard about it at a rally down here
I heard that they are having the campout there. We did not know anything about it when we book our trip so that is just an added extra.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I also have an Aspen Classic I purchased a few months ago.

Gone camping twice so far. Not enough time to do much more than that, but hopefully...

So far, I have no regrets in my choice.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Used our the last couple of weeks for 12 nights on our 5300 mile NW tour.

Best thing next to our 33' fifth wheel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Search didn't turn up anything. What was the idea?
ASPEN CLASSIC sag at front

I think this is the thread Santa Alan is referring to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts