GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Been lurking a long time...I only joined a week or two ago. I posted a wanted ad just 4-5 short days ago. The tip I got must have been a good omen because boy did I ever luck out, at least in my humble opinion.

little bit of backstory---I used to drive a bright red 2001 Dodge Ram pickup. My kids hated it, they said way too flashy, way too "ostentatious". The funny part is, I'm incredibly shy, but I love a ride that is colorful...love them so much I'll take the chance on being a little too flashy...go figure.

Fast forward, last year I bought a new truck. Family all said no way, no fancy colors, (what can i say, I listened as they're pretty good eggs!) so I took their advice, went with black. Love the truck, hate the color! Well, hate is a little too strong, sure would have preferred red though as I loved that Dodge red, and Ford has such a pretty bright red in 2018.

So I'm hunting for a Goldwing recently. I've looked at many bikes. Loved the yellow 2005's! But, I have also found I don't like going to dealers. Used to be you walked into a dealer and they had their bikes loking their absolute best, that hasn't been my experience...That's all I'll say there as I prefer to be positive.

I think the Good Lord was looking out for me, no, I know for a fact he was, because up popped a color I never even knew existed....and the best part, other than the fact that it was even brighter red than my old Dodge Ram, the seller had been offering it for awhile, he knew his price was a little off so we ended up making what I think was a very fair deal for the both of us, and the seller was one of the nicest most interesting helpful gentleman I'd ever met! I have no doubt I'll stay in touch with him for a long time to come...ever notice Goldwings collect the nicest owners?...I'm just finding that out, where have you guys been all my life :)

One last part of this story. I started with Honda's when I was 9 yrs old with a Honda 50. I've had several smaller Honda's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, you name it, but I haven't owned a Honda in near 38-40 years now or thereabouts, whenever they made the Honda 400 or 450, I can't even remember. No excuse for that. I actually didn't like Honda's when I was a kid, (in my rebellious years) my dad was strict (least I thought so at that time), he insisted on "street bikes", so I turned all my Honda street bikes into dirt track hillclimbers! I had a Honda 100 that was white/blue and it spent more time on one rear wheel than it did on both wheels. Anyway, boy am I glad my dad pushed those street bikes back then....All I can say is holy cow is it good to be back.

I have often heard the phrase, "don't drive one if you don't want to own one". I drove one yesterday, smartest and easiest decision I ever made. May well be the last motorcycle I ever need.

2004, 25,000 miles, simply unbelievable how this bike is so close to new. In fact, I have seen new bikes on the showroom floor that don't look as good as this one. Finally got my flashy ride back! Sorry this is so longwinded!

Attachments

·
Chard Member
13,049 Posts
I’ve heard that red called Arrest Me Red, Fire Engine Red, and Tomato Red. That was the only year for that color!

Enjoy the new bike...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Arrest me red", that's funny....I drive like a little old lady Red (my apologies to little old ladies everywhere)...only way I'll get pulled over is by a policeman who wants to know more about that gorgeous bike :)

·
Chard Member
13,049 Posts
Might not be the red I thought it was. Shadows might have fooled me. Looks more like Candy Red not Tomato Red. They might have had two reds in 2004. Been awhile since I owned one so I don’t remember.

Looks fantastic whichever red it is. Enjoy the new scoot and welcome the the forum!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Great looking bike

I'm not usually impressed by the color of a motorcycle, but I certainly like that red! (I have to be careful here. I don't want my plain old BROWN bike to get mad at me. :grin2:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pretty bike!!! Keep it shinny, they run better!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to drive a 15' Indian that was red, not as bright as this though, but you couldn't pull up to a gas station without drawing a crowd, sure hope this one isn't that way, I'll have to start driving only at night :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pretty bike! Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi guys,
Been lurking a long time...I only joined a week or two ago. I posted a wanted ad just 4-5 short days ago. The tip I got must have been a good omen because boy did I ever luck out, at least in my humble opinion.

little bit of backstory---I used to drive a bright red 2001 Dodge Ram pickup. My kids hated it, they said way too flashy, way too "ostentatious". The funny part is, I'm incredibly shy, but I love a ride that is colorful...love them so much I'll take the chance on being a little too flashy...go figure.

Fast forward, last year I bought a new truck. Family all said no way, no fancy colors, (what can i say, I listened as they're pretty good eggs!) so I took their advice, went with black. Love the truck, hate the color! Well, hate is a little too strong, sure would have preferred red though as I loved that Dodge red, and Ford has such a pretty bright red in 2018.

So I'm hunting for a Goldwing recently. I've looked at many bikes. Loved the yellow 2005's! But, I have also found I don't like going to dealers. Used to be you walked into a dealer and they had their bikes loking their absolute best, that hasn't been my experience...That's all I'll say there as I prefer to be positive.

I think the Good Lord was looking out for me, no, I know for a fact he was, because up popped a color I never even knew existed....and the best part, other than the fact that it was even brighter red than my old Dodge Ram, the seller had been offering it for awhile, he knew his price was a little off so we ended up making what I think was a very fair deal for the both of us, and the seller was one of the nicest most interesting helpful gentleman I'd ever met! I have no doubt I'll stay in touch with him for a long time to come...ever notice Goldwings collect the nicest owners?...I'm just finding that out, where have you guys been all my life :)

One last part of this story. I started with Honda's when I was 9 yrs old with a Honda 50. I've had several smaller Honda's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, you name it, but I haven't owned a Honda in near 38-40 years now or thereabouts, whenever they made the Honda 400 or 450, I can't even remember. No excuse for that. I actually didn't like Honda's when I was a kid, (in my rebellious years) my dad was strict (least I thought so at that time), he insisted on "street bikes", so I turned all my Honda street bikes into dirt track hillclimbers! I had a Honda 100 that was white/blue and it spent more time on one rear wheel than it did on both wheels. Anyway, boy am I glad my dad pushed those street bikes back then....All I can say is holy cow is it good to be back.

I have often heard the phrase, "don't drive one if you don't want to own one". I drove one yesterday, smartest and easiest decision I ever made. May well be the last motorcycle I ever need.

2004, 25,000 miles, simply unbelievable how this bike is so close to new. In fact, I have seen new bikes on the showroom floor that don't look as good as this one. Finally got my flashy ride back! Sorry this is so longwinded!

My goodness that's beautiful!!!!!!!! I love those wheels on the front too!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Very Nice! Enjoy :biker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts