GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my yoke on my 2005GL/2006 Cobra. Well the new yoke was miss made!!! The shimmy at 62 to 72mph got worse not better.

What was wrong is the new yoke would not slide all the way over the driveshaft. It would bind right at the end of the internal splines on the yoke. Then it would stick. The spring was not strong enough to force it back. This caused it to pull the rzeppa joint forward unloading it and letting the shaft wobble. That is what I have surmised anyway.

Just a warning to all replacing their early CSC yokes. Make sure it slides easily all the way over the shaft with out the spring on!!!!

Now I am in search of another new yoke!!!!!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts

Presumably you contacted CSC before posting of your displeasure with the part?

I recently replaced my yoke on my 2005GL/2006 Cobra. Well the new yoke was miss made!!! The shimmy at 62 to 72mph got worse not better.

What was wrong is the new yoke would not slide all the way over the driveshaft. It would bind right at the end of the internal splines on the yoke. Then it would stick. The spring was not strong enough to force it back. This caused it to pull the rzeppa joint forward unloading it and letting the shaft wobble. That is what I have surmised anyway.

Just a warning to all replacing their early CSC yokes. Make sure it slides easily all the way over the shaft with out the spring on!!!!

Now I am in search of another new yoke!!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yoke came from a Honda dealer not CSC. It is a Valkyrie yoke, same as GL1500. Have contacted dealer and the yoke is going back to them, no problem. CSC nor Honda make these yokes. They are outsourced as I understand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts