GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new owner of a Silver '03, I have been studying these pages intently for info. I also have a GL 1200 but there seems to be a bit of difference :lol: I particularly have read the posts on belly pans with interest since the holes in the reservoir etc. would be something likely to happen to me. So the first item for my new bike was the Tulsa belly pan and I installed it today. For any who are wondering if its as easy as has been said, let me add that I don't see well close up and am not particularly mechanical minded. Once I read the instructions and understood what went where, the whole job took about 15 minutes. What a relief. Now I feel more confident about handling some of the other more difficult add ons. Particularly the ones that don't require me to lay on my side and look up under the bike. Also the Dzus fasteners worked easily. Thanks all for all the info and encouragement on this site.
:D

Wayne

G

·
0 Posts
IT all began in a horse barn in the UK in 1938, Leroy Dzus was looking for a better way to keep a shoe on a horse. Tinkering away day and night, trying hundreds no THOUSANDS of times to get it just right. After years of attempts he found the perfect solution, thus the
Dzus fastener. 66 years ago keeping the mule shod, today holding the belly pan on a goldwing, tomorrow keeping the door secure on G Dubya's safe full of oil kickbacks Bereave it........or not :wink:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
You will be rewarded for having the Tulsa BP. Hope that you installed a Bushtec Front Fender Extension as well? Keeps the lower cowl and bottom of engine clean.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
That's not your normal octane sugar that Javern is gulping down.............

If ya know what I mean! :22yikes:

PS - Javern keep it up...............the humor is what keeps this site fun and exciting...........good job!
Belly pan talk can only keep a person entertained for so long!!
:banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts