GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Wing. Only has 130 mile so far. I have read the book and can't find the service schedule.

What needs to be done and how many miles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Honda no longer specifies or requires a break-in service. However I changed the oil and the oil filter on mine @ 1000 miles as I figured that the minimal cost of doing it is good insurance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
break in

Deepfeet,

Break in? man, when i got mine they told me ride it like you stole it. I think that means no break in period.

Brian

·
Registered
837 Posts
The owners manuel for my 01 called for the first service at 4000.
I did it at 3500 and switched to syn oil. The old 5 or 600 mile break in seems to be a thing of the past, though many are more comfortable doing it then anyway.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yup .........Rode it gently for a little while, not long ! Then at 100 miles changed the oil and filter, run full synthetic and now change every 6000 miles..........Ride her hard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No break in needed, common sense is all that is necessary. Just don't abuse it. The bike will however take everything that you can throw at it right out of the box within reason.
Mine had 3 miles on it when we hit the freeway to get home, went 85 mph the whole way and it loved it...........so did the rider :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Owners Manual Page 132 Maintenance, States Change oil and filter at 600 miles, then at 8000 miles, and every 8000 miles thereafter. :banghead: I serviced my wing at 1000 miles, and every 4000 miles after that. Thats my 2cent worth. :yes:

:rw1: :rw1: :luck:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Big Red. said:
Owners Manual Page 132 Maintenance, States Change oil and filter at 600 miles, then at 8000 miles, and every 8000 miles thereafter. I serviced my wing at 1000 miles, and every 4000 miles after that.
Is this from a UK version of the owner's manual? Please resist the urge to quote the UK version here, because there seem to be differences.

Why is there a difference? Don't ask me.

The maintenance schedule in the US version of the GL1800 Service Manual states first oil and filter change at 4,000 miles, then every 8,000 miles thereafter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts