GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a call from Cowboy Honda and my bike has arrived :D Will go see it tomorrow and take some pictures before they start taking it apart for the CSC trike kit which will not be in until about the 24th of this month and then it will take a week to assemble the kit. My salesman said that they were going to take pictures of the complete assembly and give me a copy and that I could come by everyday and see the progress. Humm, I remember this feeling, I was 10 years old and getting a go cart for Christmas :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, got the orange, SO picked the color, SO must be happy :!:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Congrats. Hope that the shedule works and that you will be able to wait for it....LOL

Safe Riding.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
If you can, take pics as they assemble it. You will enjoy looking at them later. I have 25 or 30 pics of every stage... I like orange....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
George:

Can't believe that you like orange :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey George, do you ever ride that trike? Its always clean and you are just always standing beside it. LOL Harry

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Glad to hear you picked out the best color for a trike. Holly's is orange and it really stands out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are first pictures of bike :D

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I do like orange. Don't know why Honda dropped the color and put in some that are less than pretty...no names please....

Do I ride it or just stand by it...went to NM two weeks ago...went through cold, rain and three different hail attacks...talk about dirty, it took the wife most of the next morning after I got back to wash and clean it.

Last Sat. our ride was 396 miles round trip to go to Blessing, TX and eat at their 100 year hotel, country style...

Left Santa Fe at 8:10 am and arrived home at 8:20 pm....690 miles. Had a couple of young guys about 65 who held me up or I would have made better time.

West Texas IH10 now has 80 mph limit...if you only run 80, you had better stay in the right lane....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Slinkey, don't know if Cowboy Honda is as nice as Cowboy Harley, but if you have never seen how the richer half lives, go by Cowboy Harley. Same attorney owns them both.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WhiskeryGoofy said:
Slinkey, don't know if Cowboy Honda is as nice as Cowboy Harley, but if you have never seen how the richer half lives, go by Cowboy Harley. Same attorney owns them both.
Cowboy Harley is really a show place and yes, Walter Unphrey owns both dealerships. Have bought four HD's from there. HD dealership is part owned by Morris Moore who owns a local auto dealership along with Humphrey. The Honda dealership is not nice but it is really big, bigger than the Harley shop.

I am a member of the local HOG chapter and they provide a building for us to meet in and also to have social events at. We also do our Road Captain training there and usually have a group of the Honda Red Riders in attendance. Morris is the person we see the most and he has been very good to both the Harley crowd as well as the Honda crowd. Side note, they also own Dealerships in Austin.

And George, I really like your orange better than the 07 orange, to bad they did not pick it back up. :?

G

·
Slinkey said:
Here are first pictures of bike :D

Dude... Damn I think my monitor is shot... that sure looks RED to me :lol: :lol:

By the way... thats one huge FREKIN dealership.. their dock is bigger than most entire dealerships Ive seen

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cjmitch:

Yeh, it do have a red tint to it :lol:

The shop area of the dealership is almost as big as the dock/bike storage area. The Harley dealership is next door and they also use the bike storage area as they do not have enough room to store all of their bikes. Both dealerships are owned by the same people, mainly Walter Umphrey who is a nationally known attorney, He also owns dealerships in Austin Texas as well.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Slinkey said:
WhiskeryGoofy said:
Cowboy Harley is really a show place and yes, Walter Unphrey owns both dealerships. Have bought four HD's from there. HD dealership is part owned by Morris Moore who owns a local auto dealership along with Humphrey. The Honda dealership is not nice but it is really big, bigger than the Harley shop.

I am a member of the local HOG chapter and they provide a building for us to meet in and also to have social events at. We also do our Road Captain training there and usually have a group of the Honda Red Riders in attendance. Morris is the person we see the most and he has been very good to both the Harley crowd as well as the Honda crowd. Side note, they also own Dealerships in Austin.

And George, I really like your orange better than the 07 orange, to bad they did not pick it back up. :?
Yeah, when I was in Hog, I visited that little shack across the street. Pretty nice setup. At that time, years ago, he had an auto museum in the same building, back to the right as you came in. Amazing what a little tobacco settlement will do for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most of those cars belong to Morris Moore and the place is still packed with cars. At last count there were 12 in there. Thet ran out of space and have started storing some in another building that Walter owns. Morris told us this summer that they are probably going to move all of the cars out and extend the HOG house to the whole building because the group has grown so much that we are now pretty crowded when we have events there.
Yeh, nice to have so much money you have to buy motorcycle dealerships as toys :lol:

G

·
Slinkey said:
Thanks, got the orange, SO picked the color, SO must be happy :!:
Good decision, letting her pick the color.

"When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." :(

-and-

"When Papa ain't happy, ain't nobody cares." :?

So - it's always best to keep Mama happy :D

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Slinkey and others. I think these folks bought Woods Fun Center in Austin, moved it out to a new building on IH35. They also built a new HD next to it...if this is the same folks...they also bought Cycle Country in New Braunfels a few weeks ago. It is now Woods Cycle Country. One of the Woods fellows is the manager of this NB plant. Rumor is they made offers to two Honda plants in San Antonio, but they would not sell....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
George:

I will ask Morris Moore about the Woods Fun Center and Cycle Country the next time I see him. I know the HD dealership is theirs, the used the Cowboy name. Talked to some folks from Austin when we were in Sturgis this summer, they said that Morris had been at the HD dealership off and on for several months while the new location was being built.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Slinkey, when I at Woods Fun Center in Austin (that is where I bought my '02 Wing in Nov. '01 before they moved into the new building) the sales person mentioned the HD dealership next door was owned by the same folks.

When you see your friend, ask him if he tried to buy Alamo Cycle Plex in S.A. They have a first class building selling the big four. 1/2 their business in ATVs this time of year...it is a gold mine...owned by a Father and son who have had the dealership for 35 years that I can remember.

I know it would take serious money to buy it....

A man from Corpus Christie is building a HD dealership on the west side of S.A. It is huge...he has one in Corpus too...rumored one in Del Rio too.

In the very early 60's I went to a rally in East St. Louis, Il. A fellow rode up on a ring, ding, ding two stroke Yamaha...maybe a 125cc or so. We all were on HD or Brits...laughed at this guy...fell over when he said he thought he would get a Yamaha franchise and maybe something called a Suzuki....

Twenty years later, we were not laughing too loudly...He had several dealerships and had to buy a new pickup truck to haul his money to the bank....made a fortune and sold out....where was I, sitting in North Dakota freezing my ass off...talk about a short riding season...I had a BSA 500cc single and doubt if I rode 500 miles the four years (winters) I was therel....

later....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts