GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I replaced the E-3s with new Metzlers and put new brake pads all the way around. Yep, decel wobble still there.

I rode over to Traxxion to tell Mike and Max about how many to expect for the Saturday BBQ. On the way over to the shop, I talked my self into -- you guessed it -- the complete suspension upgrade. I didn't have to talk too hard. It took them a little over 4 hours to put on a rebuilt rear shock, the All Balls steering head bearings, new springs and the special front fork cartridges Traxxion sells for the 1800. It was only four miles to my house but that was far enough to realize that all signs of any wobble were gone.

So, this morning I anxiously meet up with Arn Butt and bride, Helmet Dance from Indiana, who is down here on business and Daddy's Bike who rode over from Winder, Ga.

After 350 miles in the N. Ga. mountains, all I can say is I have a totally new bike. The combination of suspension, tires and brakes has created what I'm calling a "Superwing". Honda did everything right, then, for some reason, had a brain fart when they got to the suspension.

Steve, Daddy's bike, who rode it for a while, put it in words that I think really fit. He said the bike feels a lot lighter in the turns. It is amazing how light this 850 lb motorcycle feels in the turns. It is very confidence inspiring, especially when pushed a little.

The weather was great, the roads awesome, and Bill and I found two more kindred spirits with 1800s who love to ride them and actually know how.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan,
I thought about you today during the ride and wished you had been with us. Speedy recovery, my friend.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I had the Traxxion full suspension and All Balls installed on my '06 GW last Tuesday....all I can say is WOWWWWW!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts