GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at the Goldwing DCT as my second GW. So far picking it up in Russellville is going to cost the least. Before I pick it up and drive 1000 miles what would be on the top of the list to have them add?

Fog Lights?
Homelink?
Rear Carrier?
Center Stand?

Thanks for your input!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Agree with Destindoc. These bike don't come with a center stand? I spent a couple hours at my local dealer last week end for a rear tire change and had plenty of time to look over the new bikes. I could swear that all the touring GL's had center stands but the F6B's didn't. Am I remembering wrong? Not that uncommon a practice. Just ask my wife

·
Registered
516 Posts
I looking at the Goldwing DCT as my second GW. So far picking it up in Russellville is going to cost the least. Before I pick it up and drive 1000 miles what would be on the top of the list to have them add?

Fog Lights?
Homelink?
Rear Carrier?
Center Stand?

Thanks for your input!!
Assuming you are talking about a Non-Tour?
  • Don't waste your money on the Honda Rear Carrier, it's very small. Look at the Showchrome rear luggage rack.
  • The Honda rear passenger backrest tilts to the rear 15 degrees and offers little back support. I disassembled mine, took it to a machine shop and had the bracket bent to make it functional which was a lot of work. Look elsewhere.
  • My dealer does trike conversions and threw in a Take-Off center stand from one of their conversions at my request.
  • Honda Upper Wind deflectors do improve rider and passenger comfort.

·
Love The DCT
11,545 Posts
Agree with Destindoc. These bike don't come with a center stand? I spent a couple hours at my local dealer last week end for a rear tire change and had plenty of time to look over the new bikes. I could swear that all the touring GL's had center stands but the F6B's didn't. Am I remembering wrong? Not that uncommon a practice. Just ask my wife
You remembered right. Tour models come with a center stand, the non tour models do not come with a center stand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another vote for center stand. If I remember correctly, you can't even properly check the oil level unless the bike is vertical. Don't quote me on that, but I remember Max McAllister mentioning it on the YouTubes. Also, I ran over a sharp metal shard on my previous bike and was able to get it up on the centerstand before it went completely flat, plugged it with a bunch of those sticky rope plugs, and managed to hobble home. The stand saved my bacon for me that day.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I'd also vote for those fog lights....this will be two more lights in front that will attract drivers coming towards you, or attracts you to cars ready to pull out in front of you (and hear them say: quote: I didn't see you coming) Just a thought, here, cause once I added my front two fog lights, I've had less cars pulling out in front on me...

Ronnie

·
Registered
126 Posts
My votes in order are:
Center Stand? - Spring is a pain in the ass, money well spent
Fog Lights?
Rear Carrier? - relatively easy do-yourself
Homelink - I just have my garage remote located conveniently and am able to remove it

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I vote for the center stand and the fog lights. After just having a Semi run me off the road as I was passing him I am putting extra lights on the front of every bike I own..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree, FOG or DRIVING lights are almost a mandatory OEM item now! Visibility counts! Visibility saves lives! Greyhound Buses noticed a significant reduction in accidents when they mandated that all their buses drive with their headlights on all the time. Imagine saying "I didn't see him!" ..... a friggin' BUS! So if it works for buses, I think it should pay off in spades for a Goldwing. I know I ride with mine on all the time.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts

Fog Lights?
Homelink?
Rear Carrier?
Center Stand?

Thanks for your input!!
COLORED FOG LIGHTS
A CB?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts