GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a new 2012 Wing and need a little help. What is the best way to hook up my Garmin 665 with XM radio, and a Valintine radar detector into the factory system. I have seen different things from J&M but want to make sure it will do the task at hand.

Part numbers would be a big help, plus is there any noise in the helmet speakers with your set-up??

Also will the driver and passenger hear everything thats going on??

Thanks Smitty

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wasn't aware that Missouri had an actual Hooterville. I've seen some of Hooterville's residents around, but not the town, itself.

I have very little experience with these devices, but do have one that I'm almost positive would work for you:

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18 &PF=32

But do not order it from them. Shop. I got mine for about $255.

There are probably other things out there, too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 665 has an output plug on its bike wire harness. Plug GW aux into it and you will have 665 info going to the aux. I bought an extension from Radio Shack to give the additional length to reach the 665 plug. Not sure about the detector. You might be able to do a 2 to 1 splitter to give you both inputs to the aux.
I have my 665 wired to the aux but use a Scala all the time to talk to communicate with the 665. Allows me the also use the bluetooth phone via the 665 to the Scala. Q2 Scala Cardio is about $150. Downside is 2 headsets. Scala works very well with the 665.

·
Registered
366 Posts
smitty141,

Call Trudi or Kim at Kennedy Technology 800-287-7033, Tuesday through Friday (they are closed on Monday.) .

Tell them you have a 2012 GL1800, ZUMO 660, Valentine 1 and XM. They will work up a list of appropriate Modules and cables. Kennedy stuff is plug & play and works very well.

Good Luck...!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to Jon today, called me back on his day off..Cool.. I am wondering about the bulk of these parts. Are they easy to hide and get out of the way??? The parts list as IIRC 9 different parts, but some are just wire pig tails. I wish there was a less $$ way to do this, about $350. with KT or over $450 with J&M.

I have a Autocom, and thinking about just putting it on. I was just hoping for something simple. Like everything else there is a lot of stuff with the Autocom also....:-(

Smitty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts