GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't see anything amusing with is. Let these hooligans kill them selves. Actions like this is what's wrong with where America is going now. I guess I'm demented, I'm LMAO when they crash. Sorry.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Here's another thought --- these folks need some kind of vent for their own creativity. They need something to do. While I do not condone impeding traffic at least they found some kind of avenue for their energy and are not spending their time in front of a computer. Some of them are trying to find a way out of their hood so to speak.

There really isn't a place for folks to practice so it's up to them to find a place. So they do their thing and get better over time. Not much different than skateboarders or BMX bicycles. Hell, it's hard enough for US to find a place to safely and legally practice on the wings! I have been saying for years that every major hub should have a place where ppl can come to practice their stunts and what not. Trial lawyers have prevented this from just about every angle you can think of. So ppl use whatever practice pad they can find and often get in trouble with the law. It is what it is.

Again, I am not condoning their actions on public roads but it is the lessor of two evils. I rather they spend hours on their machines instead of hours pushing drugs or thieving. NO, I am not saying they do either of those things but statistically speaking, "hoods" produce a large number of criminals. It is what it is.

I can ge a dirt bike/atv/ whatever for the same price as a PS3. (Play Station is a gaming console for those who are not familiar with it.)

Oddly enough, these "kids" will be MUCH better drivers later in life (when they mature).

Again - I am not siding with the crew in the video. Just throwing another view out there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gang

My only problem with this is the fact that someone believes that a film is required to glamourise law breakers. We had the " Ride of the Century" in St louis again last year. Really negative impression given to most folks of what motor cycle people are all about. I really dont think this helps our cause.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Saw a bear riding a bicycle once at the circus. Guess you can teach just about any animal to ride anything. No matter what you think of my comment, these kids are lawless thugs. How many responsible riders do you see cussing the cops, kicking a cop car, interrupting others in cars because they think they have a right to, and doing tricks on places where people could be injured. But I'm sure these young Americans 'insurance' will cover whatever damage they cause. Typical reply by the members of this group is the little kid that does these illegal acts and says, " I'm a full grown man" Sorry Sorry World we're very close to right now.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
New crop of little gang bangers, and a television show to match........NICE!!!

Restores your faith in humanity does it not?

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Should not knock the kids who are exceptional with computers either. My oldest, not a computer nerd but went into army at 17 and did couple of tours in the far sand box. now vapor wake K-9 handler for TSA. But my yonger son, has been able to build better computers then you can buy for half the price for years,, He decided he wanted to apply for the Air Force and after testing he was steered into delayed enlistment to await an opening in space command.

And both of my boys and my daughter have had access to training bikes if they were so inclined. But they also know if I caught them doing this crap on the public roads, I would disassemble their bike into such tiny pieces and revoke their driving "PRIVILEGE" since it is not a right.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't see anything amusing with is. Let these hooligans kill them selves. Actions like this is what's wrong with where America is going now. I guess I'm demented, I'm LMAO when they crash. Sorry.
I agree 100%.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Here's another thought --- these folks need some kind of vent for their own creativity. They need something to do. While I do not condone impeding traffic at least they found some kind of avenue for their energy and are not spending their time in front of a computer. Some of them are trying to find a way out of their hood so to speak.

There really isn't a place for folks to practice so it's up to them to find a place. So they do their thing and get better over time. Not much different than skateboarders or BMX bicycles. Hell, it's hard enough for US to find a place to safely and legally practice on the wings! I have been saying for years that every major hub should have a place where ppl can come to practice their stunts and what not. Trial lawyers have prevented this from just about every angle you can think of. So ppl use whatever practice pad they can find and often get in trouble with the law. It is what it is.

Again, I am not condoning their actions on public roads but it is the lessor of two evils. I rather they spend hours on their machines instead of hours pushing drugs or thieving. NO, I am not saying they do either of those things but statistically speaking, "hoods" produce a large number of criminals. It is what it is.

I can ge a dirt bike/atv/ whatever for the same price as a PS3. (Play Station is a gaming console for those who are not familiar with it.)

Oddly enough, these "kids" will be MUCH better drivers later in life (when they mature).

Again - I am not siding with the crew in the video. Just throwing another view out there.
I kind of understand what you are saying, but I would bet real money, that even if there were a place to practice, a lot of folks would take advantage of it, but these guys would still take it to the street.
It's just hard to be rebellious when you are at the track not breaking any laws!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts