GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as we announced on Saturday, we decided to sell the Wings and try some different riding. As we have now found good, caring adoptive homes for our Wings, we decided to celebrate. We just came back from our local dealer, after venturing in armed with prices from some of the wholesale dealers around, where with just a little dickering we ordered 2 new VFR Interceptors. Becky settled on Pearl White and I ordered Pearl Black, both with ABS. the bikes should be in and ready next week. We didn't even get home before Becky was on her cell phone talking to our bike painter in Richmond, VA. If you thought her Wing murals were cool, wait until you see her VFR in a couple of months. She's decided its going to be an entire bike paint, in a white Bengal tiger scheme! :shock:

We'll keep the board posted as this latest adventure unfolds!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

CrotchRockets for y'all after Wings??? :?:
Ya definitely changed yer ridin' styles or just never got to do the lower level angle attack thing as much as y'all wanted to. :roll:

Hey but whatever gets y'all charged up to ride and have fun, more power to ya. :wink: I just can't fold up my 6'6 260lb body that small. :roll:

:flg:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool shot of J's bike! Thanks Bob...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've always loved the Interceptors. That v-4 engine is great. Had an 82 Honda V-45 Sabre that I rode around the country a bit on.

I'd love to have a second bike. If I could arrange it, I'd have an Interceptor. Enjoy your new rides. Maybe I'll even catch ya sometime, since we're both in FL.

Dep

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
What a relief. I thought you were going to move down to cruisers. :lol:

The VFR motor is awesome. It has many of the characteristics of the Wing. It is smooth as silk, and has good low end power. Plus, it revs.

Good Luck

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh, we've test ridden them a couple of times. Once the VTEC kicks in, the bike really launches..its a cool ride. We can't wait until they arrive next week!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Those are some schweeeeeeeeet lookin bikes dude. Me thinks alot of wingers are realizing they're not old enough yet for a wing, and are selling and jumping back into the sport bike scene.

·
Registered
117 Posts
AZ,
That is partially the reason we are getting rid of the wings. The last GWRRA meeting we went to, everyone there was old! Not physically, just mentally. We left with the opinion that we would not be back. We really are trying to simplify life and get back to traveling with just the basics. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YW doesn't know how to ride any other way! Would be interesting to see him hanging off a panhead!! :shock: Rick, we'll see you up at the Gap, soon...

Thanks everyone for the best wishes. We'll put some photos of the new bikes up next week when they come in...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts