GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of getting a Goldwing for the past few years and decided I would buy myself one for my 40th birthday. I currently ride a CBR 954 and a VTX 1800 I have been following this board for a few months and became more of a fan with all the additional knowledge I have gained. While celebrating my 39th birthday on Monday a friend mentioned I was actually in my 40th year. That sounded like I was close enough so today I went down and ordered a 07 ABS model in Blue. :D I should have it by the end of next week.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Happy Birthday, I like your logic, congratulations. Plan on some great fun and a wide smile.

F

·
0 Posts
Happy Birthday! I told myself the same thing when I turned 45. Had the Wing two years now and never regretted it once. Had a 2002 Honda Sabre prior to that for 2 years and about 19,000 miles. The Wing rocks!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Welcome to the mania,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Did I mention my birthday is in Oct?
Congrats on the new bike ... you're gonna love it.

much like "colors" ....
October is the BEST / FASTEST month!
:)

Dennis

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Good on ya man! You'll enjoy the ride for sure.

Let's see, my birthday is tomorrow (going to Tahoe to celebrate with friends if the snow [yes, more snow arriving] does not keep us on the ground), but I won't say which one (several more than yours, that's for sure). My 02 is really dressed out just the way I like it, but I think it could use some suspension work ... birthday.... Traxxion!!!!

Again, you'll enjoy the Wing.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Taz,
Congrats on the new ride. If you've been following the board for awhile, you will undoubtedly have noticed some who feel one color is faster than another... what rubbish! The fact to note is that you ordered a new Wing and are now a member of an elite club whose members have very discerning tastes (yes, even those guys that like a lot of chrome). I've done the same and expect delivery on April 1st. Like yours, mine is blue... THE FASTEST COLOR!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Me too. I told myself that before I turned 61 in Dec that I would own a Goldwing. So on the 12th, 8 days before my "B" day, I got one. Not really I was going to buy one anyway. Just worked out that way. Best thing I have every rode.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks and I hope to meet some wingers over the summer. At least the temperature being 27 right now makes waiting the week a little easier! I do like fast bikes that is why I also chose the blue. :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Happy Birthday! Lad you have made the decision to get the Wing. You wont regret it.

Dep

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Did anybody mention the tradition on this board? When you buy a blue Goldwing during your 40th year of life, you are expected to buy a second one for all members of the board named Jan.

Thanks in advance
Jan

·
Registered
833 Posts
I go me an 07 Blue for Christmas. Just waiting for weather now:}}}}

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
Congrats-cuiser-sport bike-and tourer :D

What no dual sport?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
laen said:
Congrats-cuiser-sport bike-and tourer :D

What no dual sport?
Not many legal places to ride those around here, besides I need that money for accessories! 8)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Congrats,

My B-day is October also, go figure. I gave myself a present when I had my child support paid off. The ex tried to wrangle a few extra $$ out of me but I finally found a lawyer with a spine. Gave her the one fingered solute and bought myself a wing.

Now go have fun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts