GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so here's the deal, went to have new brakes installed all around, 27,000 miles on the last set. Did not really need them but I wanted them. I intended to replace with O E, but when I got there I was an hour early for my appointment. I asked if there were any other pads that they might recommend & they said there was a new EBC called extreme pro that was their best & produced no brake dust. No brake dust got my attention. I told them that I cleaned my wheels after every ride so I would know if there was brake dust or not. They said good I could be their Ginny pig. I said fine as long as the price was right, LOL. So what I did was put the no dust EBC pads on the rear & the O E on the front. I will let you know the results after a couple rides. On the way home I made it a point to test the braking ability & I was more then satisfied, we'll see.:shrug:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
So what I did was put the no dust EBC pads on the rear & the O E on the front. I will let you know the results after a couple rides...
Clancy,
The accumulation of "stuff", on the rear wheel especially, is not brake dust, well a minute amount may be. There was a board member who actually had it analyzed and it was road grime that found a resting place. If our brakes disintegrated that fast they would be toast in no time.
So just be careful if you continue to see "dust" on the rear wheel.
Good luck otherwise and let us know the performance results.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clancy,
The accumulation of "stuff", on the rear wheel especially, is not brake dust, well a minute amount may be. There was a board member who actually had it analyzed and it was road grime that found a resting place. If our brakes disintegrated that fast they would be toast in no time.
So just be careful if you continue to see "dust" on the rear wheel.
Good luck otherwise and let us know the performance results.
Thanks, that makes sense, but I'm curious, went for a short ride last nite to dinner 50 miles. Wheels were clean when we left but on our return if you wiped your finger across the polished part of the wheel it was black, same on the front. All paved roads.???? The mufflers are not that way, dust but not black. LOL I clean those also.:shrug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts