GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new "stones" (709 & 704) came today and I had them installed. Wouldn't you know it, I had to ride home in the rain about 14 miles. :roll:

Wish they weren't so expensive and that I could do the change myself. However, my bank acct. is $391.xx lighter after that work. The total includes my 15% discount at the local dealer and M&B. Did not have to pay any S&H as usual.

THANKS THANKS and THANKS for all the great suggestions and sharing of experience with your tires. I decided on the BS's after reading the threads on these forums. Please know that I appreciate the generous help. :D :D :D

If anyone is interested, I had 11,085 on the originals (Dunlops) and would not have changed yet except that I am planning to head to Naples, FL on Friday to visit my brother and wife. Now I will feel much more secure with the new "shoes." :)

Todd

Todd

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
wvnnva said:
The new "stones" (709 & 704) came today and I had them installed. Wouldn't you know it, I had to ride home in the rain about 14 miles. :roll:

Wish they weren't so expensive and that I could do the change myself. However, my bank acct. is $391.xx lighter after that work. The total includes my 15% discount at the local dealer and M&B. Did not have to pay any S&H as usual.

THANKS THANKS and THANKS for all the great suggestions and sharing of experience with your tires. I decided on the BS's after reading the threads on these forums. Please know that I appreciate the generous help. :D :D :D

If anyone is interested, I had 11,085 on the originals (Dunlops) and would not have changed yet except that I am planning to head to Naples, FL on Friday to visit my brother and wife. Now I will feel much more secure with the new "shoes." :)

Todd

Todd
Where did you get it done...Shenandoah Honda said unless they purchase them they wont mount them... :(

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gwlrhfarm said:
Where did you get it done...Shenandoah Honda said unless they purchase them they wont mount them... :(
Jerry, I bought the tires through Shen. Honda and had them do the labor ($90.00 to remove the old, mount and balance the new). Because I bought my bike(s) from them, they give me the 15% discount on everything I buy there. However, I looked on the web, found a better price, made a copy, took it in to SH, and they honored the price. I am satisfied.

You might find a better price elsewhere, but around here it would likely be difficult to find a place that would do the labor. A friend buys his tires somewhere and gets them mounted at Stonewall Cycle Shop in Front Royal as I recall.

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts