GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
potential buyer of 2004 in a couple of months. i have read Fred H's open letter to honda regarding the intercom amplifer and am wondering if the described problem has been fixed on the 04? also, how does one add an ipod to the system instead of paying the huge price for the hondaline cd player? thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
lrogers said:
potential buyer of 2004 in a couple of months. i have read Fred H's open letter to honda regarding the intercom amplifer and am wondering if the described problem has been fixed on the 04? also, how does one add an ipod to the system instead of paying the huge price for the hondaline cd player? thanks
Haven't heard from any '04 owners on the intercom issue.

You can add an ipod, or any other MP3 or MD player. There is an aux audio input, which uses a mini-plug. Much cheaper and more effective option!!

Hope you get your bike soon!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dell Jukebox

I tried out my new Dell Jukebox MP3 player this past weekend on our 2003 silver wing. Downloaded 20 cds to the MP3 player. pluged the Aux. cord into the white connector under the left pocket. Connected the cord to MP3 player turned volumn up and pushed Aux. Switch on the bike dash and great music. I would reccomend the MP3 players.

Safe riding,

Golfrob

G

·
I don't know anything about a previous intercom problem. The intercom on my '04 GL1800 works nicely- no problems.

As others said, plug your MP3, IPOD, etc. into the auxillary receptacle found under the left fairing pocket. You receive an auxillary cord with your bike that plugs into it, so you can access audio aux from within the pocket. My Sony MD player rides in the left fairing pocket and plugs into the AUX audio via that plug. Push AUX button on radio for MP3, minidiscs, etc. It works well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
CD players are old technology. Really! They have some advantages but an IPOD or the like is much better. I have an 04 and the sound via the Aux input with J&M headset is great. I bought the IROCK @256 Megs because it’s very small, holds about 5 CD’s full quality. Having trouble with the sequence of song play, but the sound is great. No trouble at all with intercom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts